Fuel Storage Options

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4-door
Hey guys new to the forum and Jeep ownership! Recently purchased a 2020 JLUR in black and am incredibly excited about it.

Looking to do some light overlanding trips in the future and am looking into options for mounting extra fuel. I was looking at the trailrax system however would also like to explore other options before deciding on one. What systems do you guys have?

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
YYC_Rubicon

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4-door

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Another vote for the Trail Rax, it's a little pricey, but a pretty sweet setup. I was going to go with a tailgate setup, but depending on how you mount it, if you go with larger tires it may not fit there anymore whereas the Trail Rax will work with any setup that includes a hardtop.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fuel Storage Options 20200523_112937

Sponsored

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I have an AEG roof rack and i mounted the FuelPax to the bars on the side. It is a clean install and I like it. I wanted a roof rack anyway so that worked out for me. If you do not want a roof rack then the trail rax is probably a better solution.

Stetson

mrpnicolas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Another vote for the Trail Rax, it's a little pricey, but a pretty sweet setup. I was going to go with a tailgate setup, but depending on how you mount it, if you go with larger tires it may not fit there anymore whereas the Trail Rax will work with any setup that includes a hardtop.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fuel Storage Options 20200523_112937
I've been looking at those. How are they? I'm a bit hesitant because of how its mounted.

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I've been looking at those. How are they? I'm a bit hesitant because of how its mounted.
It feels really solid. I haven't gone on any long-distance trips with them yet, but I'm headed out to CO/UT in a couple months so we'll really see what it's made of. So far, so good though!

mrpnicolas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
It feels really solid. I haven't gone on any long-distance trips with them yet, but I'm headed out to CO/UT in a couple months so we'll really see what it's made of. So far, so good though!
Cool! Kindly tell us your impressions after the trip! Have fun!

Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
There's alot of options out there! RockSlide Engineering has one for the spare tire... https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/affordable-rotopax-mount-for-spare-tire.12614/
+1 for the Rockslide Engineering set up. I have it on my 2.0 and did a cross country. Got a 2G fuel and a 1G water set up. Make sure you get it with a RoughCountry Spare Tire Relocation bracket though. You'll have more clearance to open the rear hatch without removing one of the Rotos.