Fuel Remaining Readout Varies?

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Anyone notice between trips their miles remaining before empty bouncing around? Wife said hers showed 16 miles left this AM but by the time she got down our hill it showed 60 (both times it was on level ground).
Sponsored

johndan

First Name
Johndan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR (ordered and waiting…)
I think the computer is making estimates based on your current rate of consumption, which changes based on the driving conditions. I was off road a couple of weeks ago in 4 low and the low fuel light came on; when I got off the trail and back in 2 high, the low fuel light went off and the gas gauge showed I had a little under a quarter tank of gas.

- Johndan

OP
OP

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I think the computer is making estimates based on your current rate of consumption, which changes based on the driving conditions. I was off road a couple of weeks ago in 4 low and the low fuel light came on; when I got off the trail and back in 2 high, the low fuel light went off and the gas gauge showed I had a little under a quarter tank of gas.

- Johndan
I was also wondering if perhaps the Uconnect "vehicle health" may be probing the computer and when it does it shows incorrect information on the display. Time will tell:)
Sponsored