Frustrated about my order

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
I'm concerned who is being told they have to trade in their vehicles while awaiting something that insofar, is taking Jeep over five months to produce for me.

I signed P&S that they were taking my Sahara for XX dollars on the date they delivered my new order. If FCA is lagging far behind and doesn't want to hire a third shift, or the dealership doesn't even place the order timely (it may be incentive driven, trying to get into a new month for higher sales numbers or something..), then i'd tell them to shove it.

Do they seriously expect you to Uber for 3-6 months? Or are they seriously telling you they will give you XX today but maybe X when your pretty new car is sitting there in front of you tempting you if only you'd make the deal for less?

That's bait and switch. I would not give them my car now. Someone else on this forum did that and has been car-less for months.like several months...that's ridiculous.

You are spending 50k of your hard earned money. You could buy a Jag/Inifiniti/BMW/two Volkswagens for this money, instead you're buying a toaster on wheels that was 30k fully loaded five minutes ago but is suddenly so hot they can put everyone in a twist and price gouge...so I would not put up with a minute of any dealer's shenanigans. 50k is 50k. Christ. They think this bubble won't burst?

Get a P&S, they are making money hand over fist selling both your new car and the one they will send to auction out the other side...if your car depreciates by a thousand dollars while you're waiting because they are slow to produce, I say sorry, not sorry. I came in wanting to buy in February, again in May-they finally were ABLE to place the order in June....then they can't deliver until November? The way I see it right now, I could've spent the entire summer in a new car, or my two new Volkswagens lol..they should be making concessions to ME for having to take delivery of a one year old vehicle that they couldn't even be bothered to send me updates on, unless I pulled at their teeth to get them. Talk about shitting in your own nest.

I'm glad I have my purchase contract signed and in writing.
Sponsored

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Commercial Project Superintendent
I ordered mine on 10.8.18, Got VON/VIN 10.19.18. Status "D1-Gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned"
Estimated ship date of 11.17.18 is what is on the POC, never ordered a Jeep before so I don't know how accurate that is.

bayou girl

First Name
Sallye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JLR
The dealer I ordered through took a week to get me a VON, which jeep said should be available at the time of order. They did actually place the order the next day in my case, and provided me a VON and VIN one week after the order. So if they don't have at least a VON for you, I'd be getting pretty concerned at this point.

I'm also working on a trade-in and hoping the quote they gave me holds out by the time my 2019 JL arrives.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
At the time I didn't think I would need a P&S agreement for the deal, and I'm still hoping I'll take delivery before it will make a difference. My trade-in has 104k miles now (did when they made me an offer), so how much does the value change when it's more like 110k? Hope my optimism doesn't bite me in the...

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
Not sure what to say about your trade but I can say that I ordered my 2019 on 9/12, got a VON in 2 days and a VIN the following week with an estimated ship date of 11/2. I am not confident of that, but that is what they said.

I have Power Sky Room and LED's.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Ordered my 2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited on October 6, 2018. My salesman said it was going to take 12 weeks before it is in. I keep asking for a vin # or a Von number and he keeps telling me that they haven't received any information about it yet and that they don't think they started building it. I asked my salesman today if he could show me my order so I know they at least put the order in and he sent me a screen shot that said, 'The item is currently on schedule restriction.' When I asked what that meant, he said that they can't start production until they finish the manual line up. Does anyone know if that is true?
I also ordered my JLUR on 10/6. I walked out with my POC, which had the VON listed on it. Some 3 to 4 days later, I received my VIN via Jeep Chat. Upon placing your order, did you receive the Priced Order Confirmation paperwork?

Initially, I had restrictions on steel bumper group and the 24R package. All restrictions were lifted on 10/23 and my vehicle is scheduled for and awaiting assembly line work.

I hope that you get your order sorted out quickly.

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I ordered mine on 10.8.18, Got VON/VIN 10.19.18. Status "D1-Gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned"
Estimated ship date of 11.17.18 is what is on the POC, never ordered a Jeep before so I don't know how accurate that is.
I'm curious what the last 5 digits of your VIN is. I understand they will be made in the order of the VIN's and mine is 17xxx ordered late September. I don't have any info other than the VIN yet on mine

OP
OP

PAMPERED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED 2 DOOR
They told me that the miles weren’t the only thing in play. I just found out that my jeep has not been ordered, that it is in the system but not sent because jeep is only making manual transmissions right now and mine is an automatic. Might not get it until sometime January. They have no idea when the order will go thru. I think I have to re-think about this custom order.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
They told me that the miles weren’t the only thing in play. I just found out that my jeep has not been ordered, that it is in the system but not sent because jeep is only making manual transmissions right now and mine is an automatic. Might not get it until sometime January. They have no idea when the order will go thru. I think I have to re-think about this custom order.
Go to a different dealer

Brett

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
I'm curious what the last 5 digits of your VIN is. I understand they will be made in the order of the VIN's and mine is 17xxx ordered late September. I don't have any info other than the VIN yet on mine

Sponsored

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
They are full of S**t, Go to a different dealer!!!!!!!! I am sure there is someone on here that can vouch for a dealer in your area.

OP
OP

PAMPERED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED 2 DOOR
Thank you everyone for all your input and advice. I’m getting my deposit back tomorrow and they have cancelled my so called order. Moving on to another dealer. Wish me luck.

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
My order took 6 months - Feb - July, be patient, let the recalls go through and you'll be super happy, we ALL get it, (those of us who ordered our Jeeps).

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
Thanks. I'll check with my dealer to see if they have any more information. All I have so far is a VIN

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Good for you!
Sponsored