Sponsored

Frustrated about my order

PAMPERED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED 2 DOOR
Ordered my 2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited on October 6, 2018. My salesman said it was going to take 12 weeks before it is in. I keep asking for a vin # or a Von number and he keeps telling me that they haven't received any information about it yet and that they don't think they started building it. I asked my salesman today if he could show me my order so I know they at least put the order in and he sent me a screen shot that said, 'The item is currently on schedule restriction.' When I asked what that meant, he said that they can't start production until they finish the manual line up. Does anyone know if that is true?
Sponsored

Vipersnake

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLRU
Well, 2018's arent done yet and some of us, aka me, had to wait months before getting our VIN for 2018. Jeep or FCA is a mess right now in terms of customer service, tracking, or any info really. You'll probably get yours in January if everything goes right so dont worry.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Ummm... no. The VON is issued when the Priced Order Confirmation (POC) is sent to Jeep. The VIN comes later, from Jeep. The screen saying the order is on restriction only comes up when trying to place an initial order.

That said, it's entirely possible that the order wasn't placed because of the specifics--certain trims aren't available yet. What'd you order, specifically?

OP
OP

PAMPERED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ummm... no. The VON is issued when the Priced Order Confirmation (POC) is sent to Jeep. The VIN comes later, from Jeep. The screen saying the order is on restriction only comes up when trying to place an initial order.

That said, it's entirely possible that the order wasn't placed because of the specifics--certain trims aren't available yet. What'd you order, specifically?
I ordered a firecracker red rubicon with a black hard top, body color fender flares, led, safety, trailer/electrical, 8.4 screen, leather seats, steel bumpers and cold weather.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Dealer may be playing games on placing the order. POC comes right away. Prob doesn’t want to explain the allocation thing so is acting like Jeep went dark

Then again I’ve been drinking tonight.. Dodgers straight up handed this game away

Sponsored

Mine is Punkin!

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Good luck with calling JEEP. I called with my VON and was told to use the case number they provided. When I called wth The case number they Told me it the case was for a 1996 vehicle not the 2018 JL that I ordered. (You can say the same thing I said here). After a few more calls they told me the vehicle was in production then in QA for 90 days plus. The next call told me the vehicle was scheduled for production that week. Then I was told my order was a dealer stocking order and not designated to me.
This prompted me to contact the dealer for details. They weren’t any better. Their info was the same I received. When I to,d them I wanted to speak with a factory rep the car was on the lot 2 days later. Coincidence???? Maybe but then again I bought a mega millions ticket.

My order took 14 weeks. Morale of the story don’t hold a lot of faith in the info you get from the factory. Go to the dealer for info and hold them accountable to a deadline and what the factory will do for delays.

Reactions: TMP

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
I was told the LED light package was restricted and would not be available on 2019's. Is that not the case? Or could that be muddying the waters and screwing up the order somehow?

GO SOX

(My son works for the Red Sox, but the Dodgers are his second favorite team...last night's game damn near killed us-3:18 am. and we are screaming at the tv..)

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I was told the LED light package was restricted and would not be available on 2019's. Is that not the case? Or could that be muddying the waters and screwing up the order somehow?

GO SOX

(My son works for the Red Sox, but the Dodgers are his second favorite team...last night's game damn near killed us-3:18 am. and we are screaming at the tv..)
I ordered a 2019 with the LED lighting package. But the steel bumpers and 3.6L were on restriction when I ordered, not that I expect the restrictions to last.

OP
OP

PAMPERED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the input. I hope the dealer isn’t playing games and didn’t even place the order.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The only time that I have had a dealership claim there was no information/not give me a VON/VIN was the time the dealership failed to order the Jeep. The dealership had every excuse possible and even became hostile towards me. When they finally gave me a POC, the order date listed was well over a month after I ordered. Needless to say, I wasn't happy. The dealership tried to lie and state the date listed was the printed date...

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
I’m just a Lille concerned that they told you on October 6 it would be 12 weeks. Now just three weeks later you post on a forum to complain that there is a problem. The way I see things they still have over two months to produce you a Jeep.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I’m just a Lille concerned that they told you on October 6 it would be 12 weeks. Now just three weeks later you post on a forum to complain that there is a problem. The way I see things they still have over two months to produce you a Jeep.
That's not the problem, he should have his VIN/VON and POC within a day or so of ordering. The dealership in this case appears to have not ordered the jeep yet for one reason or another. Now whether the reason is incompetence or an actual restriction on sold orders (which is very unlikely), it is impossible to tell.

OP
OP

PAMPERED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only reason I started getting concerned is because when I originally went in it was to purchase a vehicle in transit. After filling out all the paperwork come to find out someone already had a deposit on it. The other thing is I have a trade in that they told me might be worth the same in 12 weeks. Ihavw another car I can use and said I would trade it in now. They said ok but every time I tried to bring it there they have another excuae. The salesman is saying now that he really feels bad that I have to wait 12 weeks and that I won’t have a car dor that long so the other day he started searching other dealerships to find me another one. That got me thinking, if you know I ordered one, why would you try to find me a different one. Unless for some strange reason mi e was never ordered. I’m going to speak witht the manager today.

OP
OP

PAMPERED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was suppose to say mine would NOT be worth the same

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I have a somewhat similar situation (the trade-in part) - I negotiated for a 2019 on 10/22, at which time I doubt they had an accurate idea of when it would be delivered. A trade-in was involved in those negotiations, and if it doesn't get here before Christmas I'll easily have 5,000+ more miles on my trade-in. They said a few times that they understand it will have a few more miles on it, but would it get to a point where it's "more than a few" and they renegotiate the value? Maybe since I'm pretty much paying right at invoice price they will just let it go...
Sponsored