Front Cover when Flat Towing

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
Greetings, I'm looking for protection of the front and windshield when flat towing the Wrangler behind our motorhome. I've seen a few of the "add-on" deflectors from tow bar companies like Blue OX, Roadmaster, etc, but I'm not too anxious to have something that I have to put on the tow bar itself and set aside when not in use. I was looking for soft covers/bras that might work. I found one (saw one on a different vehicle) that's called "Tow Car Shield" from Coastline Cover Company, but it seemed very pricey at $550 +/-. Any one have any other suggestions? TIA
Sponsored

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
I went with the "Tow Car Shield". www.rvandoffroad.com

Like you, didn't want another piece on the tow bar.

Our former 2001 Wrangler, bought used, had been towed and we towed it also. Had lots of rock chips and got really dirty behind our diesel pusher rv. If you ever get caught in a hard rain, while towing, you get a real mess! We had to replace the windshield at 170,000 miles, due to "sand blasting" from all the towing, too.

Since I didn't want our new 2021 JLRUD to get the same "treatment", I went with the Tow Car Shield. Liked the idea of the whole front being covered. Our RV has a front cover on it. 128,0000 miles and no rock chips!

I paid $474 for the cover, delivered. Not a bad price for protection for a $60,000 investment. Just got it a week ago. Took over 6 weeks to get it. They are busy and low on work force. I did make a few calls to help it along. Lifetime warranty and free repairs (plus shipping cost).

Just took our first tip with it and it worked great (only 100 miles). After the initial 30 minute install, which entails getting the hooks and straps set up and adjusted, it was on in 5 minutes and off in 3 minutes. Pretty easy, once it is set up. Nice clean Jeep when we arrived.

IMG_7593.jpg

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
With both of these I have had no damage to the Jeep (plus I don't have to remove it to drive the Jeep.
IMG_20210425_134917.jpg

IMG_20210409_142320.jpg
Sponsored