First Name
Britt/Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Hi Everyone,

First time poster/long time lurker!

Just ordered a new sport s and she isn’t fan of the sport close out panels. Have any of you seen an aftermarket replacement part that closes out the bumper while removing the euro extension pieces that go to the fender?

If not I may just buy an extra set ahead of the order to trim to fit (then we can keep the old ones as spares). Does anyone know the part numbers?

thanks for the help in advance!
Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
The Sahara has flat panels in that spot; so does the Rubicon with plastic bumpers. Here's the part numbers - 6KL11RXFAA and 6KL10RXFAA. You may need push pins, as that's how they're attached on the Saharas.

OP
OP
BikiniBritt

BikiniBritt

First Name
Britt/Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Thank you! I thought I read somewhere that the Sahara and Rubicon panels do not fit the sport bumper.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Thank you! I thought I read somewhere that the Sahara and Rubicon panels do not fit the sport bumper.
I can't say for absolute certainty (I was going to buy them and try them) but based on the Sahara I looked at parked outside my job it sure seems like they would work. All of the holes are in the same place; the only difference is that they're held in place with push pins. So, it's probably just a matter of removing the nutserts in the Sport bumper and using the pins to reattach.

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited
Funny, I just posted about this same thing about 30 minutes ago. Thanks for the direction!

Sponsored

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
No the panels do not fit a sport. 7 screws to take one off. Leave open or do the trim mod that many have done and reinstall

GeeGuid

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Rubi
Does the JK Hard Rock “Rubicon” close out panel fit the JL steel bumper? The stock panel is flat, so the stamped “Rubicon” panel would add a little character.
Sponsored