OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
The AAL stuff is very reasonable when you see it in person and know what all went into it! Every piece is laser cut and exact. I have been so impressed with their parts I’m going to be ordering a bunch of their stuff for my personal jeeps! Here’s a couple pics from a build we’re working on.

We do a lot with snomaster and can say with certainty they are excellent! I think you’ll be very happy you went with them.

Brett

E4F5F64A-B17A-42FC-8BC3-8CC7749DD207.jpeg

E0EC782B-5727-49C4-A1F0-60AE9684E46C.jpeg

DCB11574-0151-437B-BF0B-C0D7654A6F11.jpeg

ACFF3814-3BD6-4F45-A8BA-5C7C4F85AB88.jpeg
I rigged up a platform for now, but I really want the Frontrunner full slide.
Sponsored

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
I have the Hooke shelf and ARB 50 and DFG low profile slider. I had to raise the shelf a little but it has worked well. I have wanted to switch to the vector but I’m not sure about not having a lip on the back. I also wonder if it will fit with my CoolTechLLC fire extinguisher mount.

28A0E93A-1F7E-4C26-A949-CFAD0A4F9AE1.jpeg

Hello, I am interested in your slide/fridge set up. That fits into the JL with the backseat upright or does it have to be tilted? Do you have any pictures you could post of it with nothing in the tray and maybe with the fridge slide out of back? Thanks in advance. Pete

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
Hello, I am interested in your slide/fridge set up. That fits into the JL with the backseat upright or does it have to be tilted? Do you have any pictures you could post of it with nothing in the tray and maybe with the fridge slide out of back? Thanks in advance. Pete
The back seat does not need to be folded down for the fridge to fit. It is close but everything fits. Here is a picture of the slide without the fridge.
upload_2020-3-29_13-9-18-jpeg.jpg

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The back seat does not need to be folded down for the fridge to fit. It is close but everything fits. Here is a picture of the slide without the fridge.
upload_2020-3-29_13-9-18-jpeg.jpg
Thank you. I like this set up. I also like the American Adventure too. So many options hard to chose. Just want to buy once.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the aal fridge slide. One thing to note is if you have a 50qt fridge it will only fit on the passenger side with the rear seats up.

Actually in the middle of getting it replaced or refunded due to some shipping damages. If I get a refund I’ll probably do without the slider. Even with the slide the fridge lid won’t stay up when extended and it’s too tall where the window needs to be up to pull out.

Other than those few personal issues it’s a wonderful piece.

Sponsored

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the aal fridge slide. One thing to note is if you have a 50qt fridge it will only fit on the passenger side with the rear seats up.

Actually in the middle of getting it replaced or refunded due to some shipping damages. If I get a refund I’ll probably do without the slider. Even with the slide the fridge lid won’t stay up when extended and it’s too tall where the window needs to be up to pull out.

Other than those few personal issues it’s a wonderful piece.
Thanks for the tip. I would like a fridge and slider I can permanently mount on the driver side. I have the subwoofer on the passenger side so I think the fridge in the way would block the sound and possibly vibrate anything too close to it and make noise. Certainly open to suggestions what may be the best route from others experience. I rather stay away from buying and testing, I am a firm believer learn from others good fortune or mistakes. I like Mike's -Sprint7 set up because I see he has a rear shelf and his set up looks like it works perfect on the driver side, I have the Vector self I really love. I put my tackle bags and fishing gear up there. I think from a 35 size to a 50 fridge would fit my needs perfect. Pretty much for overnight camping 3 days tops for 2 people.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah if you have the shelf I can see where the slide is beneficial. I’ve been looking at the shelves and only a few work with soft top, waiting for other companies to come out with some more options.

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
I wanted my fridge on the driver side because I have a tailgate table. I did have to modify the slider that I have to clear the tailgate but it was pretty simple. The new vector shelf is really nice and I have looked at replacing the Hooke that I have. I spoke to Vector about buying the brackets but they will not sell them separately. I really want a shelf that mounts to the rollbar and not where the hardtop mounts. That way I can leave it in regardless of if I have the top on. That is my only real complaint of my current setup.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I wanted my fridge on the driver side because I have a tailgate table. I did have to modify the slider that I have to clear the tailgate but it was pretty simple. The new vector shelf is really nice and I have looked at replacing the Hooke that I have. I spoke to Vector about buying the brackets but they will not sell them separately. I really want a shelf that mounts to the rollbar and not where the hardtop mounts. That way I can leave it in regardless of if I have the top on. That is my only real complaint of my current setup.
Ive always had the fridge on the driver side as well prior to installing the slide out thinking with the table in mind for the future. Unfortunately there is no way the aal would fit with 50qt fridge on that side as the red release handles stick out about an inch or so. Maybe if I cut holes in the rear door...

What size fridge do you have?

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
Ive always had the fridge on the driver side as well prior to installing the slide out thinking with the table in mind for the future. Unfortunately there is no way the aal would fit with 50qt fridge on that side as the red release handles stick out about an inch or so. Maybe if I cut holes in the rear door...

What size fridge do you have?
I have ARB 50 QT. Orginally I purchased the ARB slider and it is very well made but it raised the fridge up about 2 1/2" and it would no longer fit under the shelf. That is why I went with the DRG slider as it is lower by about 1 1/4". It is aluminum and doesn't lock in the out position but that has not been a problem after a year.

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have ARB 50 QT. Orginally I purchased the ARB slider and it is very well made but it raised the fridge up about 2 1/2" and it would no longer fit under the shelf. That is why I went with the DRG slider as it is lower by about 1 1/4". It is aluminum and doesn't lock in the out position but that has not been a problem after a year.
Thanks, as you were typing I went back a few pages to see you were running the 50qt. The lock in the out is only beneficial on uneven terrain and usually I try to level out when taking lunch breaks on the trail etc.

Maybe Ill get that slider in place of the AAL after UPS damage claim is done. I just checked the web site and they said lock in/out, maybe they updated it ?

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
It is not as heavy duty as the ARB but it has met all of my needs and the guys there were good to work with. It also required a slight trimming to clear the tailgate.

I do have a brand new ARB slider still in the box. I will make a deal on it if your interested.
IMG_3840.jpg
IMG_3841.jpg

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That won’t work with seats up right? I have to wait and see what the ups claim comes up with first before anything.

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will be getting a trailgater table also , another reason for DS mounting. What mod did the slide need ? I had measured from the bottom of rear seat to the DS tailgate is about 29 inches and under the shelf from the angled part of seat to end about 26 inches.

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
I will be getting a trailgater table also , another reason for DS mounting. What mod did the slide need ? I had measured from the bottom of rear seat to the DS tailgate is about 29 inches and under the shelf from the angled part of seat to end about 26 inches.
Here is a picture of the slider as i received it and a picture showing the corner that has to be trimmed. Easy fix and it has not seemed to have any affect.

58439163797__A43A51C6-3E5F-4D5E-94B8-BEAD629D08A6.JPG
View album “Recents”.jpg

58439163797__A43A51C6-3E5F-4D5E-94B8-BEAD629D08A6.JPG
Sponsored