Sponsored

Forward collision warning.

• Thread starter Deleted member 29342
  • Start date
  • Watchers 9

Deleted member 29342

Has anyone experience the Forward collision warning going off without having anything in front of you? I fell mine sometimes goes a crazy at times.
Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
When I’m trying to drift around corners on narrow dirt roads it goes off. But that’s probably different than what you’re talking about. Lol

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Has anyone experience the Forward collision warning going off without having anything in front of you? I fell mine sometimes goes a crazy at times.
Only thing I've experienced so far is when I crowd someone in front of me turning. As soon as I know I can get by them I accelerate, but FCW apparently is a little more cautious than I am and it beeps at me (I have it set to highest sensitivity).

Dingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon ordered 10/28/18, built 12/19/18, delivered 1/14/19
Mine goes off all the time. If I drive more more than an hour, there's a 50/50 chance of it freaking out on me at least once. It's super annoying - juuuust infrequent enough that I'm too lazy to bring it in in the hopes that a firmware upgrade will fix it. Figure next time I go in, I'll mention it. My JL is at almost exactly 2000 miles and it's gone off maybe 10 times for no reason at all.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
FWIW - remember that the only sensor that FCW has is the single camera behind the rear view mirror. Could be a little speck of dirt or something setting it off, or if somehow there's moisture clouding it up.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Only thing I've experienced so far is when I crowd someone in front of me turning. As soon as I know I can get by them I accelerate, but FCW apparently is a little more cautious than I am and it beeps at me (I have it set to highest sensitivity).
I have that issue too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Mine goes off all the time. If I drive more more than an hour, there's a 50/50 chance of it freaking out on me at least once. It's super annoying - juuuust infrequent enough that I'm too lazy to bring it in in the hopes that a firmware upgrade will fix it. Figure next time I go in, I'll mention it. My JL is at almost exactly 2000 miles and it's gone off maybe 10 times for no reason at all.
I have just under 700 miles and it goes about 4 times a day.

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Lexus LX570
I would say that it happens to me once in 500 miles. Pretty bad score considering that it never happened on my Lexus LX 570 (in 3 years, 50,000 miles) and just about 4 times on my '14 LS 460. There is definitely a space for improvements.
BTW, maybe it's the reason why European version cannot get it - too unreliable.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Wow, surprised they didn't go with stereo sensors. Hrmm. Now I'm not so sure I want that. And this was the whole reason I wanted a JL :(

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Lexus LX570
Wow, surprised they didn't go with stereo sensors. Hrmm. Now I'm not so sure I want that. And this was the whole reason I wanted a JL :(
Adaptive cruise control works quite O.K. No problems with it. You can always disable forward collision warning, if you want. I am sure that it's worth it. I think that Jeep can improve it, just a few software upgrades. It's a jeep thing... :)

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
While looking around at the settings I saw that you can set the sensitivity on the forward warning. It has 3 different setting, like far away, middle of the road, and close. Mine does the same, it reaches out to far which I guess is the default setting. It will pick up a car turning, or slowing in front of me quite a distance down the road. Like Jim above, it doesn't really bother me, and it may even help one day.

I said all that to say this, check in the settings. You should be able to set it differently.