• Start date
  • Watchers 9

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I'm wondering if there is a calibration that can be performed to reduce the false alarms.
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wondering if there is a calibration that can be performed to reduce the false alarms.
The only thing I know we can do is to decrease the distance. It has a "far" "middle", and "near" that can be changed.

kjone013

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR MOJITO! (3.6, auto, loaded)
Occupation
Army
But that setting is only accessible when stop, isnt it?

When acc is on then you can adjust following distance but not the FCW. So having to pull off the highway and stopping to adjust FCW can be a pain.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
But that setting is only accessible when stop, isnt it?

When acc is on then you can adjust following distance but not the FCW. So having to pull off the highway and stopping to adjust FCW can be a pain.
Just tested it - you can change any of these settings moving or not, as long as the ignition switch is in Run position.
DE0FB78D-2D5F-472B-9054-848E9B5E8F7B.jpeg

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Pretty sure the brakes only get applied when under a certain speed, 10mph I believe? So no, it won't suddenly slam your brakes while going 70+mph. It'll give off an audible warning if something is rapidly approaching in front of you.

I would definitely recommend getting it because of the Adaptive Cruise Control. One of my favorite features on the JL.
Actually the FCW will use active braking at any speed over 3mph according the OM (pages 244-245).

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Actually the FCW will use active braking at any speed over 3mph according the OM (pages 244-245).
Thanks for correcting me! Could have sworn I read somewhere that it would only brake if you were going slow enough.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

My acc works great I just use it last night on a 44mile trip no problems at all. I did change my setting for forward collision sensitivity to near and it hasn’t gone off yesterday. We will see what happens today.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
My acc works great I just use it last night on a 44mile trip no problems at all. I did change my setting for forward collision sensitivity to near and it hasn’t gone off yesterday. We will see what happens today.

Good deal Stefano. I've been meaning to reduce the sensitivity on mine, but sadly I only remember I want to do it when I'm not in the Jeep. Gettin' old sux.........:)

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Good deal Stefano. I've been meaning to reduce the sensitivity on mine, but sadly I only remember I want to do it when I'm not in the Jeep. Gettin' old sux.........:)
I know that feeling. I was meaning to change mine since I noticed the issue but I forgot even when it went off 5 times a day. Maybe I just drive like a$$ and that’s why it always went off:movember::headbang: something for me to think about :LOL:

Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Mine did, now I know what that beep was. It wasn’t but about 2 times on my 4 hour trips. I don’t think it’s done it since I changed to near - which I did to minimize it slamming on my brakes when someone is turning to slow in front of me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Since I posted this thread I found out the sensor is on the windshield and oh my wife grand Cherokee it’s on the bottom of the bumper maybe since it’s sitting so high up on our wranglers is why it goes crazy sometimes maybe it detects more then being on the bottom.

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Lexus LX570
Since I posted this thread I found out the sensor is on the windshield and oh my wife grand Cherokee it’s on the bottom of the bumper maybe since it’s sitting so high up on our wranglers is why it goes crazy sometimes maybe it detects more then being on the bottom.
Yes, it's probably the main reason. These systems are developed for radar sensors placed on the front grill. Currently, they are pretty reliable on other cars. Moving them on a completely different place require new software, new long testing etc. I worry that this system on JL will never be as reliable as on other cars.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the cost of OEM repair of a cracked windshield with the ACC/FCW is more than a regular windshield?
It's a different windshield because of the black around the box, but the glass and the box are not connected.

Honestly. With all the stories of windshields breaking, I added $0 deductible glass breakage insurance to the Jeep for less than $4 every 6 months on my insurance.
Sponsored