Fog Light wiring connector?

JayV908

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler unlimited
Wait, so you have the bar wired to the factory fog light button? And it works no power isssues or anything? I’ve got the same bumper as you ready to be installed, trying to sort out the led situation before I install. And deciding if I want the skid plate now or later.
I forgot also to mention is you decide to go with the skid plate to install it you will have to remove the bumper completely if you installed it first. The fog light harness has 3 wires the black is ground and the two other wires are separate powers. If you pick any one of the two its fine. They are both the same.
Sponsored

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Where can I pick up this wire closer to the fuse box? I am adding some cube lights to the A-pillar and want to use the existing fog light switch. The connector behind the bumper would work, but it's pretty far away and I'd rather have the connector up in the engine bay rather than in the bumper.

Anyone know?

EASaharaUJL

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
It looks like it might be wrapped together with the sway bar disconnect wires or something so I can't seem to just yank it out.

I'm checking out https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-jl-wrangler-wiring-diagrams.19185/ this list to try to find more info.
So I followed up on that link and traced down the following parts listed here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/FRONT-FOG-LIGHT-connector-inline-details.pdf

Male Connector:
https://connectors-catalog.sys.yzk....t_e?forward=7282-5570-10&plist=list&select=XX
https://nexelec.com/YAZAKI-7282557010/

Female Connector:
https://connectors-catalog.sys.yzk....t_e?forward=7283-5570-10&plist=list&select=XX
https://nexelec.com/YAZAKI-7283557010/

With this, you can save some $$ instead of purchasing the full wiring harness like some of us did. Hope this helps!

Sponsored

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
So I removed my steel bumpers with factory fogs and installed a JCR Offroad bumper with LED cubes. I want to wire the cubes to the fogs wiring harness, so that the factory switch controls the LED cubes.

When I disconnected the bumper and fog light wiring from the vehicle, I left dangling the wire harness connector for the fogs. Initially, I planned on cutting it off and splicing in the LED's. Then I got to thinking, if I ever remove the bumper for any reason, I will have a devil of a time unmounting the LED cubes (internal to the bumper) to remove the wiring, why don't I just buy a connector to wire the LED's to, that way I can jsut use the snap connector to disconnect them.

So off to Jeep store I went, only to find that the connector isn't sold separately, but as part of the fogs wiring harness for $50. Here is a pic of the connector in question. Does anyone have any ideas on where to find a connector like this short of paying $50 for the entire harness?
IMG_0406.jpg
Glad to hear it is only $50 to replace the whole thing. When I replaced my bumper, I scavenged the OEM factory fog harness to plug into that big connector in your picture, but my upgraded fogs had incompatible plugs at the other end of the harness. So I just cut the plugs off and spliced into the ends of the OEM harness. Glad to know I can always reverse that if I need to for $50...

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I actually have both sides, but since I want to wire the lights on my a-pillar I need to move the one from the bumper up to the engine bay. Has anyone been able to pull the wire up?

Bocephus1963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon. 1976 K5 Blazer. 1995 S10 Blazer 4wd
Occupation
Forklift Operator
Does anyone on here happen to have pics that show the differences between the factory Rubicon LED fog lights and standard OEM or Sahara LED foglights? Wanting to put a front bumper on and they all say they accept OEM LED fogs but then they say they dont fit Rubicon LED's.

Mecha

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone on here happen to have pics that show the differences between the factory Rubicon LED fog lights and standard OEM or Sahara LED foglights? Wanting to put a front bumper on and they all say they accept OEM LED fogs but then they say they dont fit Rubicon LED's.
From a 2018 JLUR with LED package. Took them off my steel bumper when I upgraded bumpers now they wont fit regardless what DV* says about accepting factory Fogs.
20190329_173804.jpg
20190329_173808.jpg
20190329_173812.jpg
20190329_173830.jpg

Sponsored

DocLogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL and 1964 beetle
I’m looking into wiring a small 10” lightbar into my fog lights so I can use my factory fog light switch to turn both on at once. Has anyone done this or have any tips?

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I can't seem to find the part on the mopar store 68336460-AC. Anyone have an updated part number for it? Also is that the part for the LED fogs, is it any different? And lastly, how difficult is this portion of the fog light wiring harness to replace if one wanted to replace it down the line?

The4x4Guys

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
When I sold my steel bumpers and fog lights with it, I left the wiring harness intact in the bumper. When I installed my JCR Offroad bumper with two LED cubes, I decided that I wanted them to work off the the stock switch for the fogs and I wanted them to attach to the factory wiring connector the way the factory fogs had (I'm the original poster of this thread, you can go back and see a pic of the connector I was trying to match up to.

In the end I had to go to a dealer and buy the entire wiring harness for the fog lights to harvest the wiring connector. While I don't have the part number anymore, it was not something that could be bought through the consumer Mopar store, hence the dealer order. When I needed it, there were one or two in the country, since the JL series was still new at the time.

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Steel and plastic bumpers have different lights! the mounting is different.
From a 2018 JLUR with LED package. Took them off my steel bumper when I upgraded bumpers now they wont fit regardless what DV* says about accepting factory Fogs.
20190329_173804.jpg
20190329_173808.jpg
20190329_173812.jpg
20190329_173830.jpg

First Name
Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
20190329_173804.jpg
20190329_173808.jpg
20190329_173812.jpg
20190329_173830.jpg
I'm having the exact same issue with my DV8 bumper, did you find a solution? I'm trying to figure out whether a bracket will work or not.
Sponsored