Fog Light wiring connector?

1. JayV908

JayV908 New Member

First Name:
    Juan
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler unlimited
    Liked:
    I forgot also to mention is you decide to go with the skid plate to install it you will have to remove the bumper completely if you installed it first. The fog light harness has 3 wires the black is ground and the two other wires are separate powers. If you pick any one of the two its fine. They are both the same.

Cicero likes this.
  2. Yakpimp

Yakpimp Moderator

First Name:
    K
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR
    Liked:
    Where can I pick up this wire closer to the fuse box? I am adding some cube lights to the A-pillar and want to use the existing fog light switch. The connector behind the bumper would work, but it's pretty far away and I'd rather have the connector up in the engine bay rather than in the bumper.

Anyone know?

3. The4x4Guys

The4x4Guys Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    That's a great idea, I never thought of that, if it wasn't` freezing outside, I'd go trace down the wiring.

4. Yakpimp

Yakpimp Moderator

First Name:
    K
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR
    Liked:
  5. EASaharaUJL

EASaharaUJL New Member

First Name:
    Earl
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
    Liked:
    So I followed up on that link and traced down the following parts listed here:
    https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/FRONT-FOG-LIGHT-connector-inline-details.pdf

Male Connector:
    https://connectors-catalog.sys.yzk....t_e?forward=7282-5570-10&plist=list&select=XX
    https://nexelec.com/YAZAKI-7282557010/

Female Connector:
    https://connectors-catalog.sys.yzk....t_e?forward=7283-5570-10&plist=list&select=XX
    https://nexelec.com/YAZAKI-7283557010/

With this, you can save some $$ instead of purchasing the full wiring harness like some of us did. Hope this helps!

Agent47 likes this.
  6. xtopherm

xtopherm Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    HellaYella 2019 JLUR
    Liked:
    Glad to hear it is only $50 to replace the whole thing. When I replaced my bumper, I scavenged the OEM factory fog harness to plug into that big connector in your picture, but my upgraded fogs had incompatible plugs at the other end of the harness. So I just cut the plugs off and spliced into the ends of the OEM harness. Glad to know I can always reverse that if I need to for $50...

7. Yakpimp

Yakpimp Moderator

First Name:
    K
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR
    Liked:
    I actually have both sides, but since I want to wire the lights on my a-pillar I need to move the one from the bumper up to the engine bay. Has anyone been able to pull the wire up?

8. Bocephus1963

Bocephus1963 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Rubicon. 1976 K5 Blazer. 1995 S10 Blazer 4wd
    Liked:
    Forklift Operator
    Does anyone on here happen to have pics that show the differences between the factory Rubicon LED fog lights and standard OEM or Sahara LED foglights? Wanting to put a front bumper on and they all say they accept OEM LED fogs but then they say they dont fit Rubicon LED's.

9. Mecha

Mecha Active Member

First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    From a 2018 JLUR with LED package. Took them off my steel bumper when I upgraded bumpers now they wont fit regardless what DV* says about accepting factory Fogs.
    20190329_173804.jpg 20190329_173808.jpg 20190329_173812.jpg 20190329_173830.jpg

10. DocLogan

DocLogan Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL and 1964 beetle
    Liked:
    What brand is that connector?

11. DocLogan

DocLogan Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL and 1964 beetle
    Liked:
    I’m looking into wiring a small 10” lightbar into my fog lights so I can use my factory fog light switch to turn both on at once. Has anyone done this or have any tips?

12. JeepTime

JeepTime Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    I can't seem to find the part on the mopar store 68336460-AC. Anyone have an updated part number for it? Also is that the part for the LED fogs, is it any different? And lastly, how difficult is this portion of the fog light wiring harness to replace if one wanted to replace it down the line?

13. The4x4Guys

The4x4Guys Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    When I sold my steel bumpers and fog lights with it, I left the wiring harness intact in the bumper. When I installed my JCR Offroad bumper with two LED cubes, I decided that I wanted them to work off the the stock switch for the fogs and I wanted them to attach to the factory wiring connector the way the factory fogs had (I'm the original poster of this thread, you can go back and see a pic of the connector I was trying to match up to.

In the end I had to go to a dealer and buy the entire wiring harness for the fog lights to harvest the wiring connector. While I don't have the part number anymore, it was not something that could be bought through the consumer Mopar store, hence the dealer order. When I needed it, there were one or two in the country, since the JL series was still new at the time.

14. 5280Sapper

5280Sapper Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Disabled Veteran
    Steel and plastic bumpers have different lights! the mounting is different.

15. brianathesavage

First Name:
    Briana
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Moab
    Liked:
    I'm having the exact same issue with my DV8 bumper, did you find a solution? I'm trying to figure out whether a bracket will work or not.