Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I removed my steel bumpers with factory fogs and installed a JCR Offroad bumper with LED cubes. I want to wire the cubes to the fogs wiring harness, so that the factory switch controls the LED cubes.

When I disconnected the bumper and fog light wiring from the vehicle, I left dangling the wire harness connector for the fogs. Initially, I planned on cutting it off and splicing in the LED's. Then I got to thinking, if I ever remove the bumper for any reason, I will have a devil of a time unmounting the LED cubes (internal to the bumper) to remove the wiring, why don't I just buy a connector to wire the LED's to, that way I can jsut use the snap connector to disconnect them.

So off to Jeep store I went, only to find that the connector isn't sold separately, but as part of the fogs wiring harness for $50. Here is a pic of the connector in question. Does anyone have any ideas on where to find a connector like this short of paying $50 for the entire harness?
IMG_0406.jpg
Sponsored

Bigjake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I sold the steel bumpers with the fogs and wiring harness intact. So I don't have that section anymore. I'm just hoping that these connectors are more universal and available somewhere else.

Bob

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
did you figure out a resolution? I'm interested as well in replacing my stock fogs for aftermarket cubes. The wiring harness Bigjake posted has mixed reviews...

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Admittedly, I am a purist and have a bit of OCD (caught it from my wife). As a result, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the factory wiring harness with the appropriate connector to mate with the one in the picture in my original post. I plan on splicing in the connectors for the the LED's that I installed in the new bumper into the factory wiring harness. I had to order the harness and it should be in tomorrow. Pics to follow as I finish up this to do item.

Sponsored

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I'm the same...so likely I'll end up doing what you did. Thanks!

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The factory wiring harness section that fits on the bumper is something like $45 (I'll respond back tomorrow with the exact price) but I decided that rather than cut a wiring connector already on the Jeep, I would use the original plug rather than just splice in the wiring from the LED provided harness.

On the rear LED's (3 inch cubes) that installed in the JCR Offroad bumper, I did use the LED supplied wiring harness, but cut off the relay and the switch and used those section to add to the length of the harness. I then fished it the length of the Jeep on the passenger side all the way up to the battery area and wired it to my Aux #3 switch. Other than crawling under the Jeep and having to get up about ten time because of something I forgot (tape, snips, zip ties, etc) it was a piece of cake.

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The factory wiring harness section that fits on the bumper is something like $45 (I'll respond back tomorrow with the exact price) but I decided that rather than cut a wiring connector already on the Jeep, I would use the original plug rather than just splice in the wiring from the LED provided harness.

On the rear LED's (3 inch cubes) that installed in the JCR Offroad bumper, I did use the LED supplied wiring harness, but cut off the relay and the switch and used those section to add to the length of the harness. I then fished it the length of the Jeep on the passenger side all the way up to the battery area and wired it to my Aux #3 switch. Other than crawling under the Jeep and having to get up about ten time because of something I forgot (tape, snips, zip ties, etc) it was a piece of cake.
Could you send the P/N for the harness and do you have any pics of the finished setup? Going cube lights soon!

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep.jpg

LED lights are cubes built into the bumper. The Mopar part # is 68336460-AC . This is for the whole wiring harness for the stock front bumper and stock fog lights. I cut the stock connectors off and soldered in my LED light connectors (supplied with the LED's)

I hope that helps.

Bob

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Awesome, looks great! Definitely does help. KC Hilites says they’ll release a plug and play version for the JL early 2019

Sponsored

Cicero

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 3.6
This is what I did today to install my led bar. I cut the harness and left enough on both sides to install a connector, just incase I ever have to put the factory bumper back on.

85737449-63AE-4E69-8101-5C1F326C812C.jpeg

8E6CFB8C-9E96-49C8-8DCE-39FB297D7597.jpeg

BBD6451A-DF63-452A-A06E-1D8386E862F6.jpeg

46295474-D066-4F63-9034-C9478683A6D3.jpeg
Wait, so you have the bar wired to the factory fog light button? And it works no power isssues or anything? I’ve got the same bumper as you ready to be installed, trying to sort out the led situation before I install. And deciding if I want the skid plate now or later.

JayV908

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler unlimited
Wait, so you have the bar wired to the factory fog light button? And it works no power isssues or anything? I’ve got the same bumper as you ready to be installed, trying to sort out the led situation before I install. And deciding if I want the skid plate now or later.
Straight to the oem wire harness. Zero issues

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I did the exact same thing. Wired straight to the factory wiring harness and fog light button on headlight knob. Zero issues.
Sponsored