Florida Roll Call!

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Hey y’all, looking between shops for quality work. Asking karnage motorsports and asking trailhunters miami. Got a buddy who took his YJ to trailhunters and is very satisfied with the work. And my girls dad took his JK for head work to karnage and says they did well to him.

Planning on air locker and regear the jeep with either just wondering if anyone can chime in.

Yikes, got the quote from karnage and it seems
sort of insane. I feel like I can knock out the compressor install on my own with my dad and do the wiring to some switches.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 2D1A77D6-532F-4A04-A33B-690BDED7362F
Sponsored

Last edited:

CaptainBunts

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR XR (Ordered)
Occupation
USN
Hey y’all, looking between shops for quality work. Asking karnage motorsports and asking trailhunters miami. Got a buddy who took his YJ to trailhunters and is very satisfied with the work. And my girls dad took his JK for head work to karnage and says they did well to him.

Planning on air locker and regear the jeep with either just wondering if anyone can chime in.

sort of insane. I feel like I can knock out the compressor install on my own with my dad and do the wiring to some switches.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 2D1A77D6-532F-4A04-A33B-690BDED7362F
you just looking to add an onboard air compressor? If YouTube is any indication, it looks very do able!

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
you just looking to add an onboard air compressor? If YouTube is any indication, it looks very do able!
I realized how easy the wiring was once I found a video. Extremely easy looking for me and my dad. Plan now is to buy the compressor and then mount and install, and then later bring to karnage for the lockers and axle work, and have them install the arb manifold when locker time comes.

Tall_coffee

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Hey all,

Checking in for Orlando area. Back in a Wrangler after a 20 year hiatus. Had a '91 YJ back in the late 90's

Recently I picked up this 2018 JLU Sport and absolutely love it. I eventually have plans for 33's and Rubicon take-off upgrade. Trying to stay away from 35's as I drive to the Cape M-F and don't plan to do any rock crawling or anything that serious. More overland type stuff in the future.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! IMG_3191

JeeperVirus

First Name
Chris or Dex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4Door
Occupation
IT Project Manager/Qlik Sense Admin

2D1A77D6-532F-4A04-A33B-690BDED7362F.png
so for the onboard air compressor. You can install one yourself for about 7-800 dollars and that will allow you to deflate and jnflate your tires and supply air to your locker. I just prices out for me and viair has a 2 gallon tank kit for about $500 with 90% of what you need to install it for tires & lockers. The kit will have everything you need for lockers thats for sure.

like @CaptainBunts mentioned above. Plenty of youtube videos in adding air compressors and tanks to the JL/JLU.

as for the lockers yukon gear and axle has kits for front and rear that go for about $900 give or take a hundred dollars but with that if you aren’t comfortable doing it yourself i would definitely suggest a shop. I have typically seen 1-2k for this.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
so for the onboard air compressor. You can install one yourself for about 7-800 dollars and that will allow you to deflate and jnflate your tires and supply air to your locker. I just prices out for me and viair has a 2 gallon tank kit for about $500 with 90% of what you need to install it for tires & lockers. The kit will have everything you need for lockers thats for sure.

like @CaptainBunts mentioned above. Plenty of youtube videos in adding air compressors and tanks to the JL/JLU.

as for the lockers yukon gear and axle has kits for front and rear that go for about $900 give or take a hundred dollars but with that if you aren’t comfortable doing it yourself i would definitely suggest a shop. I have typically seen 1-2k for this.
Install looks easy, wiring looks like the fun part. I was thinking route the air line to a manifold in the engine bay if I go the under seat route and from there lines to lockers. Toying the idea of an air tank under the jeep, just gotta find a spot as I’ve got an etorque. If I go fender route I wanna play with the idea of using the plastic vent to make it functional for heat management.

For the lockers I kinda just wanna have a shop do it so I don’t have too much downtime on the jeep as I drive it daily.

JeeperVirus

First Name
Chris or Dex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4Door
Occupation
IT Project Manager/Qlik Sense Admin
Install looks easy, wiring looks like the fun part. I was thinking route the air line to a manifold in the engine bay if I go the under seat route and from there lines to lockers. Toying the idea of an air tank under the jeep, just gotta find a spot as I’ve got an etorque. If I go fender route I wanna play with the idea of using the plastic vent to make it functional for heat management.

For the lockers I kinda just wanna have a shop do it so I don’t have too much downtime on the jeep as I drive it daily.
yeah completely understand on the locker install.

As for the air mine isnt an etorque but i am seeing which 2 gallon tank will fit in the back cubby hole as i designed out my own goose gear type deck and waiting for it to be cut by the cnc shop. I removed the rear seats also but i am running hard nylon air tube to each corner and drilling through the body with a quick disconnect on the outside so i can quickly connect to my tires with just simple whips. Like the updown air system.

The only issue with the wiring is having to run it down the doorsill. We dont have the spare grommet hole under the brake master cylinder like the automatics do because thats our clutch. I did find a route up under the side of the dash And through the windshield channel into the cowl then into the engine bay which keeps it well hidden and protected. Thats how i ran mine.

message me if you need any help or pictures

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Anybody out there have recommendations for a Brevard County FL Jeep dealer for me to get my free Jeep Wave oil changes at? I bought it at Boniface Hiers but wasn't overly satisfied with the customer service there. I'm thinking of trying Gator in Melbourne. I'm also going to ask them to check out an issue I had with the indicator showing neutral when I was in 4H.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Anybody out there have recommendations for a Brevard County FL Jeep dealer for me to get my free Jeep Wave oil changes at? I bought it at Boniface Hiers but wasn't overly satisfied with the customer service there. I'm thinking of trying Gator in Melbourne. I'm also going to ask them to check out an issue I had with the indicator showing neutral when I was in 4H.
I thought about taking it back to the dealer for the oil change, but ultimately decided to do it myself. $40 and 15 minutes and I know everything was done right, and I put the oil that I want in there.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
yeah completely understand on the locker install.

As for the air mine isnt an etorque but i am seeing which 2 gallon tank will fit in the back cubby hole as i designed out my own goose gear type deck and waiting for it to be cut by the cnc shop. I removed the rear seats also but i am running hard nylon air tube to each corner and drilling through the body with a quick disconnect on the outside so i can quickly connect to my tires with just simple whips. Like the updown air system.

The only issue with the wiring is having to run it down the doorsill. We dont have the spare grommet hole under the brake master cylinder like the automatics do because thats our clutch. I did find a route up under the side of the dash And through the windshield channel into the cowl then into the engine bay which keeps it well hidden and protected. Thats how i ran mine.

message me if you need any help or pictures
Some photos would be great! Without going to the jeep and trying to imagine it, there might be some space for a small 1-2 gallon tank on the passenger side by the trans, just would need to make some sort of bracket to mount it to the skids.

The other not so pretty option would be on the last hoop of the sport cage right above the cargo area and find a way to hide the lines to a tank.

Right now the two options I'm tossing around are:

Option 1: Mount in the fender, find a way to make the fender vent functional for heat management, and a Grimm offroad mount so that I can just plumb everything along the frame nice and easy. Supposedly it's fine to run a compressor like that, at least according to kevin and brittany here at 20:35

Option 2: Under front pass seat, a nice stainless steel line through some sort of grommet inside(apparently the one behind the fusebox is easy), and then mount the manifold along the firewall and route the lines front and rear from there.

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought about taking it back to the dealer for the oil change, but ultimately decided to do it myself. $40 and 15 minutes and I know everything was done right, and I put the oil that I want in there.
Yeah, I typically do my own as well. Gives me a chance to look everything over and know that it was done right. My boss at work got a double fill one time from the Hyundai dealer.

The lure of a "free" oil change is appealing though.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Yeah, I typically do my own as well. Gives me a chance to look everything over and know that it was done right. My boss at work got a double fill one time from the Hyundai dealer.

The lure of a "free" oil change is appealing though.
I get that. I thought about it, but just couldn't get behind taking it back. Let me know if you like it though. I do need to take it in to have the tail light replaced but other than that, then next time I'll be looking at that dealership is when I order another Rubi! :CWL:

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get that. I thought about it, but just couldn't get behind taking it back. Let me know if you like it though. I do need to take it in to have the tail light replaced but other than that, then next time I'll be looking at that dealership is when I order another Rubi! :CWL:
You're missing out on a 6qt oil change, bleed one off when you get home and have oil for your lawn mower.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
Hey all,

Checking in for Orlando area. Back in a Wrangler after a 20 year hiatus. Had a '91 YJ back in the late 90's

Recently I picked up this 2018 JLU Sport and absolutely love it. I eventually have plans for 33's and Rubicon take-off upgrade. Trying to stay away from 35's as I drive to the Cape M-F and don't plan to do any rock crawling or anything that serious. More overland type stuff in the future.

Welcome from Sorrento, A little bit north of Orlando. Nice looking JLU, seems well cared for.

If you are interested, I have a 22 JL Willys coming in next week. I will be taking off the Wheels and Tires as soon as I get home. Not sure what tire they are coming with right now. I'm thinking they will be BFG's KM. They are pretty close to 33". Will be looking to sell. As I have shopped around this past month, I didn't realize tires have gotten so expensive. Wow.

KevinC

jaysmooth24

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL

Check with ROCO 4X4 in Doral, I got a ton of work done from them and I am completely satisfied.
Sponsored