Sponsored

Florida Roll Call!

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
You're missing out on a 6qt oil change, bleed one off when you get home and have oil for your lawn mower.
@FLjeeper you may be onto something about DIY as I'd have to wash all signs of wheeling off before taking it in so that they don't cancel my warranty. I was wheeling in a ton of sand and mud puddles. Today, I checked the air filter to make sure a bunch of junk didn't get in there. Looked perfect, but what a pain to get that thing out. Those 8mm hexa-phillips screws are terrible, and I don't dare use an electric driver on them to not break the plastic.
Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
@FLjeeper you may be onto something about DIY as I'd have to wash all signs of wheeling off before taking it in so that they don't cancel my warranty. I was wheeling in a ton of sand and mud puddles. Today, I checked the air filter to make sure a bunch of junk didn't get in there. Looked perfect, but what a pain to get that thing out. Those 8mm hexa-phillips screws are terrible, and I don't dare use an electric driver on them to not break the plastic.
I think you’re right. Plus for me it avoid me the awful scheduling conflict of trying to predict my schedule, figuring out an appointment time during the week then arranging rides. I’d rather spend the 15/20 minutes and do it myself. And I still can’t get all the sand and stuff out of the under carriage. I’m going to look into the attachment for the pressure washer that does that.

Tall_coffee

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Welcome from Sorrento, A little bit north of Orlando. Nice looking JLU, seems well cared for.

If you are interested, I have a 22 JL Willys coming in next week. I will be taking off the Wheels and Tires as soon as I get home. Not sure what tire they are coming with right now. I'm thinking they will be BFG's KM. They are pretty close to 33". Will be looking to sell. As I have shopped around this past month, I didn't realize tires have gotten so expensive. Wow.

KevinC
I might be interested. PM me with some details when you get the new rig

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Just a suggestion, but reach out to discount tire on this forum (like PM style comms). After all was said and done I got what I feel was a solid deal on x5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35” on 17s, mounted, balanced OTD for 1600 (that’s with discounts).

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you’re right. Plus for me it avoid me the awful scheduling conflict of trying to predict my schedule, figuring out an appointment time during the week then arranging rides. I’d rather spend the 15/20 minutes and do it myself. And I still can’t get all the sand and stuff out of the under carriage. I’m going to look into the attachment for the pressure washer that does that.
I ended up taking it to my delivering dealer for the Jeep Wave oil change, I also had another concern where I would hear a rattling noise under a load in 2nd. I usually heard it in second after making a left off of an off-ramp over the overpass (i.e. Palm Bay Rd.). They said they torqued down "a few things" and test drove it and heard no noise. I was a bit skeptical, however I left the dealer and down I-95 I went. Green light on the left turn, held it in 2nd and drilled it up the overpass, no noise. I did a few more rips in second at low-ish RPM and no noise.

The only thing they didn't do is reset the OLM, easy enough.

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I’m glad you had a positive experience with them. I wonder what they “torqued”. I’ve got a tail light out now. A little frustrating, now I’m definitely going to have to take it to the dealership. Where was your delivering dealership?

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m glad you had a positive experience with them. I wonder what they “torqued”. I’ve got a tail light out now. A little frustrating, now I’m definitely going to have to take it to the dealership. Where was your delivering dealership?
Boniface Hiers in Cocoa, I wasn't overly impressed with their "service" at vehicle delivery. But they seemed to have redeemed themselves a bit with my first service visit, maybe it's the brand new dealership they just moved into.

My service invoice says "Inspected Under Carriage, Torque Bolts. Test drove and did not hear anything abnormal".
Definitely not an English major, but it appears they "fixed" the issue. It did take them two hours, but I was in the customer lounge on my work laptop over VPN. The Wi-Fi was plenty fast to do my work.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking of going out to PLANTBAMBOO next weekend. How wild does it get, and would it be fun with a stock Wrangler Sport? I'm already going back out to Suburban Estates in Holopaw again this weekend.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was out at Suburban Estates Holopaw yesterday. The trails were nice and dry with the exception of the usual places; penguin, North Beach, Mud Flats, etc. I almost sunk a Can-Am quad at the mud flats. Lots of JLs out there, some YJs, and TJs as well. There was a dude out there with a 392 and every time he went past me he gunned it, and my friend asked "Is that exhaust like that from the factory"? I said, "yep, bone stock".

The Jeepers who were having the most fun were in XJs. I got home and started looking at XJs to do a build on, but then I think my wife (and the HOA) would frown on me having 5 vehicles.

Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

Checking in for Orlando area. Back in a Wrangler after a 20 year hiatus. Had a '91 YJ back in the late 90's

Recently I picked up this 2018 JLU Sport and absolutely love it. I eventually have plans for 33's and Rubicon take-off upgrade. Trying to stay away from 35's as I drive to the Cape M-F and don't plan to do any rock crawling or anything that serious. More overland type stuff in the future.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! SmartSelect_20220226-221318_Gallery
My Jeep looked exactly like yours when I bought it. 2 1/2 years later I've made a few changes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 1646101445233

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did a little camping in the Smokies last weekend during the "bomb cyclone". The reason why the tent doesn't have any snow on it is because it collapsed on us under the weight of the overnight snowfall. Snow White, meet Sarge Green.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! IMG_1634

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Did a little camping in the Smokies last weekend during the "bomb cyclone". The reason why the tent doesn't have any snow on it is because it collapsed on us under the weight of the overnight snowfall. Snow White, meet Sarge Green.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 1647565355303
Small world! I was up there last week as well doing some camping and hiking. We got hit pretty good on Saturday and ended up staying at a family friends place in NC.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 1648082783939

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Anyone here organizing any trail runs in the central FL area? I go out to Croom and Citrus Wildlife Management area on my own but it would be nice to run with a group.
Sponsored