First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 Sport S
Occupation
Blueprints & Tarot
My "trails offroad" app shows a couple of wildlife management areas with trails to run, just South of Kissimmee. If they're like the management areas I'm familiar with in TN, they wouldn't be open year-round. "Three Lakes WMA" & "Herky Huffman Bull Creek WMA".

There's also Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve to the NorthWest, Tosohatchee WMA to the East ... but Ocala National forest dwarfs them all.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
My "trails offroad" app shows a couple of wildlife management areas with trails to run, just South of Kissimmee. If they're like the management areas I'm familiar with in TN, they wouldn't be open year-round. "Three Lakes WMA" & "Herky Huffman Bull Creek WMA".

There's also Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve to the NorthWest, Tosohatchee WMA to the East ... but Ocala National forest dwarfs them all.
I'll have to look in to Ocala then. I see there's a CAS range up there, that'll bring back memories, lol.

Reactions: RZ.

RZ.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 Sport S
Occupation
Blueprints & Tarot
Thanks for your service, let's try not to flashback too hard out there on the trails! ;)

Maybe retired from that service, but Eph. 6:12 says we're all active duty.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The wife has a fitness conference in Daytona in late September, I'm pretty much free for a few days and if there's no surf/wind to kite and/or surf I'll probably head out to Ocala or nearby trails for a few. I'm in a JLUR, no winch, but I have a good snatch strap (that's been used) and traction boards for mud (I live in SC and have definitely gotten deep in mud). Any thoughts/trails that are decent without the pinstriping? I have a friend who may tag along, but that's his requirement, no pinstriping.
If you’re trying to avoid pinstripes then Ocala National Forest is not a good place to go unless you just want to ride around on the main roads and get a badge, if you’re into that sort of thing. The off shoot trails are extremely tight, and will definitely leave a mark. The bombing range entrance is a good photo spot, but it’s really pretty boring from a wheeling point of view……99 percent of the people you’ll meet there are some of the nicest you’ll ever meet though

Even in citrus where we wheel, it’s gotten super lame as well, Forest dept. grading and filling in all the good spots, makes it so you have to risk getting a fine in order to find any fun ……..really blows….

Sorry to be a wet blanket here, but if you’re coming to Florida to wheel, keep your expectations low…….

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
If you’re trying to avoid pinstripes then Ocala National Forest is not a good place to go unless you just want to ride around on the main roads and get a badge, if you’re into that sort of thing. The off shoot trails are extremely tight, and will definitely leave a mark. The bombing range entrance is a good photo spot, but it’s really pretty boring from a wheeling point of view……99 percent of the people you’ll meet there are some of the nicest you’ll ever meet though

Even in citrus where we wheel, it’s gotten super lame as well, Forest dept. grading and filling in all the good spots, makes it so you have to risk getting a fine in order to find any fun ……..really blows….

Sorry to be a wet blanket here, but if you’re coming to Florida to wheel, keep your expectations low…….

No worries, it's more a backup plan if there's no surf, which in September odds are decent I can find a surfable/kiteable/foilable wave in Central FL if there's any activity in the Atlantic. Thanks I actually checked out those videos right after. It's pretty similar to what we have in coastal SC - Francis Marion forest a lot of mud, tight off shoot trails, etc. Luckily in the fall/winter they are pretty doable without a ton of hard brush, etc. and with the prescribed burns we typically have some nice trails without scratches.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No worries, it's more a backup plan if there's no surf, which in September odds are decent I can find a surfable/kiteable/foilable wave in Central FL if there's any activity in the Atlantic. Thanks I actually checked out those videos right after. It's pretty similar to what we have in coastal SC - Francis Marion forest a lot of mud, tight off shoot trails, etc. Luckily in the fall/winter they are pretty doable without a ton of hard brush, etc. and with the prescribed burns we typically have some nice trails without scratches.
Yeah, you know it’s bad if they put a warning banner right on the video, lol…..

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Good Idea to drop the doors, top and invest in some paint protection, lol.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Good Idea to drop the doors, top and invest in some paint protection, lol.
When we were there the last time, we come up on a group of about 6-7 rigs, and they had all sorts of different protection…… there was a totally stem to stern jl that was bed linerd, some had magnetic panels, but my favorite was the guy that had his rig covered in Saran Wrap…… kicking myself for not getting pics………:😂

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When we were there the last time, we come up on a group of about 6-7 rigs, and they had all sorts of different protection…… there was a totally stem to stern jl that was bed linerd, some had magnetic panels, but my favorite was the guy that had his rig covered in Saran Wrap…… kicking myself for not getting pics………:😂
I've seen rhino lining before, but I would pay to see that saran wrap Jeep, lol!

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Picked up my 2019 Deep Ocean Blue Metallic JL Rubicon Unlimited 3 weeks ago and new to the forum 🖐 Slowly moding! In the Orlando area 😎

6018E70D-79D1-41D8-94BB-68D615C27B25.jpeg

5F497A45-CA18-4B47-AC86-37AA97BDB5C9.jpeg
Some updated pics:

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 95C8DE62-D8A3-44FA-BBC9-0D6F0FF622B8

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 620FB202-6608-498A-A183-65DE42469BDE

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! E9377EB9-3D59-4D6B-B0DE-F0EA05754437

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! BA001F3A-DD44-41AB-AA88-B299201538B1

Sponsored

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Meant to ask...What is the best dealership to go to for service while under warranty in the Orlando Area? I also pass by the Deland Dodge/Jeep Dealership to & from work. I bought my JLU used from a Subaru Dealership in Tampa.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
In the Orlando area you are going to be hit/miss with good dealer service/warranty work. Especially if you have no relationship with anyone at the dealership. I stay far away from all the dealers in Orlando. Far away.

I've heard good things about Sanford Jeep. Haven't been so it's just what I've heard.

I use Advantage Jeep in Mt. Dora. They are the closest to me and I have a relationship with them. I still hold my breath when I pull into the lot though, at the end of the day it's still a Jeep Dealership.

YRMV
KevinC

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
In the Orlando area you are going to be hit/miss with good dealer service/warranty work. Especially if you have no relationship with anyone at the dealership. I stay far away from all the dealers in Orlando. Far away.

I've heard good things about Sanford Jeep. Haven't been so it's just what I've heard.

I use Advantage Jeep in Mt. Dora. They are the closest to me and I have a relationship with them. I still hold my breath when I pull into the lot though, at the end of the day it's still a Jeep Dealership.

YRMV
KevinC
THANK YOU!!!

I live only 30-45 min from Mt.Dora so might be worth it to go there for major service. I will be doing my own oil changes and can get my tires rotated locally.

StngrayVA89

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Hope I am putting this in the right area, I just moved back down to Tampa after being away for 12 years! I bought some toys for the Jeep and cute rotten living in a apartment where I don’t she. The tolls, time, or space to do any of the installs myself. Anyone have some recommendations where I should go?

if I need to post this elsewhere, let me know.

Reactions: RZ.

RZ.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 Sport S
Occupation
Blueprints & Tarot
Hope I am putting this in the right area, I just moved back down to Tampa after being away for 12 years! I bought some toys for the Jeep and cute rotten living in a apartment where I don’t she. The tolls, time, or space to do any of the installs myself. Anyone have some recommendations where I should go?

if I need to post this elsewhere, let me know.

I haven't been around here long, but Jeepetos in St. Pete has got my business.
Sponsored