Florida Off-Roading

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I will be wheeling in Florida on March 5th possibly and March 6th for sure. The only goal is to get the badge trail. I have heard the badge trail is real lame so after that, where should I look to wheel. I just need to be to the Orlando airport about 11 am on Sunday to pick up my wife.

Will be wheeling in Alabama on March 4th.

Mikester86

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I will be wheeling in Florida on March 5th possibly and March 6th for sure. The only goal is to get the badge trail. I have heard the badge trail is real lame so after that, where should I look to wheel. I just need to be to the Orlando airport about 11 am on Sunday to pick up my wife.

Are you going to Jeep Beach in April? (Daytona Beach)

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Are you going to Jeep Beach in April? (Daytona Beach)
Sadly no, I am leading a trail ride in Northern Michigan in April, then Cape Lookout on the Outerbanks in May. If Japan is still closed down for travel, possibly a overland trip in the UP of Michigan in July going east to west across the UP. The Big Bay to Baraga Michigan.... if everything falls into place.

Bearded_Dragon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

In general FL trails are tame except for mud. Citrus Wildlife Management Area and Ocala National Forest are the top two places in FL. Richloam Wildlife Management Area and Big Cypress/Everglades are swamps if you like to deal with mud and water. If you go to Big Cypress you'll need to schedule an appointment, spend $100, take a test, and get your vehicle inspected.

Don't expect lots of beach driving either. You'll be close-ish to St. Augustine so you can drive on the beach there, checkout https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/florida-2020-holiday-beach-run.63210/ for more info.

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement