Floor Mats

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
What floor mats is everyone running? I currently have the Jeep all weathers that came with it but I am considering the move to Weathertech.

Also, I saw recently tha a forum member had a plug for the hole in the Jeep ones, but I cannot seem to find that thread. Can anyone direct me to said forum member?
Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I've always been a Weathertech guy. However, I ended up getting the Quadratec floor liners. I think the look of them works better in the Wrangler than the generic look of the WeatherTech...and they're cheaper. Another member mentioned the deeper channels keep your shoes cleaner and drier since it allows them to stay out of the water/mud so that's another upside. So far, I love them. Unfortunately, the cargo liner has yet to be released.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...loor-liners-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-4-door

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Weathertech too expensive for what you get IMSAO.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Got the Mopar ones. Very nice, even got the ones for the cargo area. Only complaint with the cargo area mat is that it only covers between the tie down points. To over come this I ordered the quadatec cargo mat to under the mopar unit, thus giving us full coverage of the area.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Went with Mopar. Reason being most floor mats have deep grooves which is great for water, but terrible for cleaning. I liked the relatively flat Mopar mat surface that makes cleaning much easier.

IMG_0753a.jpg
IMG_0752.JPG

sirryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I went Mopar ... my buddy has the quadratec ones. They are cool too, but too many channels to clean. Had weathertechs in my JK and they were awful. I would never buy a set of them again.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I also went with Maxliner and am very happy with the fit.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I went with Quadratec. It fits well in front and back and I like the aggressive tread pattern. @TJ2018 is correct in that it is difficult to clean, but it works well in the snow and muck.
7BBDFB84-634E-476F-80CA-A15ED52FE5A0.jpeg

53075D22-1B89-488E-B697-122E16076270.jpeg

Sponsored

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
Went with Mopar. Reason being most floor mats have deep grooves which is great for water, but terrible for cleaning. I liked the relatively flat Mopar mat surface that makes cleaning much easier.

IMG_0753a.jpg
IMG_0752.JPG
I bought those same step guards that say wrangler and love them:)

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I went Mopar ... my buddy has the quadratec ones. They are cool too, but too many channels to clean. Had weathertechs in my JK and they were awful. I would never buy a set of them again.
I agree about the quadratic channels being harder to clean. I do like they are deeper though. I have had WeatherTech in all my cars except for my JK. My JK came with the Mopar mats. I thought all my WeatherTech mats fit great, held up and did their job well. What did you not like about them?

I am asking because I like the higher lip of the WeatherTech on the right side of the driver mat that rest on the center trans tunnel.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the Mopar and did this, been happy with them, 2 seconds with the power washer and they come out like new :like:

I have not taken a good look at the Mopar mats. Does the drain plug get in the way if you do not plunge them into the floor? Will they stick up or bump up if you don't use them?

Never mind…I just realized you attached a excellent video that explains everything. Nice job on the red plug. 3-D printing? You can probably sell a bunch of them. Great job!

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weathertech too expensive for what you get IMSAO.
Looks like Quadratec has a clone of the WeatherTech mats for less money. They are even made by WeatherTech. The only difference seems to be the WeatherTech logo is replaced with a Quadratec logo. $110 for the Quadratec verses $130 for the WeatherTech front mats.
Sponsored