First trip to Hidden Falls July 10th?

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I think I can make it. Have to check with my social secretary when she’s off work. I’d drive up that morning too, from Houston. I’ll try to firm up and confirm one way or the other tonight.

Scott
Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I got the ok, I’ll plan on meeting up with you Saturday if that’s ok?

Scott

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I will plan on coming up as well. Probably leave from Katy at around 7. Should put me there around 10:30 as well.

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, something has come up this weekend and unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it. I'm bummed because I really wanted to see what this new suspension setup would do. I'll catch you guys next time though.

Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I am still planning on going. Hopefully my brother in law and his TJ will go too.

Scott

OP
OP
SteveA

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Is there a place where we can put an easy-up up for some shade?
Also, I will be in a green 80th accompanied by Burke in a black 4runner.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
There are camping and day use spots there, not sure if you have to pay for them or not. If their website doesn’t mention it you can always call them. I’ve always spent my time on the trails.

I’ll be in a 2019 Billet Silver JKUR. I should be there about 10:30, leaving Tomball about 7. We can meet up at the air down area near the restaurant.

Bring water and snacks. I have generally eaten lunch on the trail, so I always plan for that.

I use GMRS anymore.

Scott

00755CC9-36C3-4683-BDC3-3A23970F90A0.jpeg

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
We took one of our group not too long ago in this, so stock wranglers and 4runners don’t have any issues for the medium trails.

CC809B8C-85C1-481B-AD3D-797A329165CE.jpeg

OP
OP
SteveA

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Thanks! See you guys tomorrow!

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Has it been raining nonstop for days around Marble Falls like it has in the Houston area? If so FM Tro, the mud hole at the bottom of Baby Back, and a few other trails will be quite an adventure. Have fun. I won’t be able to make it.

OP
OP
SteveA

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Has it been raining nonstop for days around Marble Falls like it has in the Houston area? If so FM Tro, the mud hole at the bottom of Baby Back, and a few other trails will be quite an adventure. Have fun. I won’t be able to make it.
I was going to ask how this place handled rain... Is it still worth heading down?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I was going to ask how this place handled rain... Is it still worth heading down?
I don’t know what the rain has been like in the area. Even when it is wet, there are many trails that aren’t particularly affected. There’s a few where the trails run along creek beds and I think these might be a no go. Or maybe just more fun…

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Finance
I will be heading out with Steve on the 11th. I will be the 4Runner fly in the ointment.

What kind of trail communications do you guys run? Lots of folks seen to have moved to gmrs from CB from what I can tell.
Our local San Antonio club runs MURS. I also have GRMS because of the secure channels and repeaters / range. Out West, lots of folks are still using CB's. So, I have them all. Use the handhelds from Amazon. Cheap and easy to use. I have extras units for both GRMS and MURS just in case we have someone on trail without one. I've aslo used those on a different frequency for MY spotter when there's lots of traffic/noise on the club channel.

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Finance
Anything you go on at Hidden Falls in a stock (non-Rubicon) JLUR, water won't matter much. There are a few large pools that can swamp Jeeps when they are full ... so be careful about just driving through for fun unless you know how deep they are! But for the trails, I'd think that if you stick to level 2 trails, you will have no problems at all. You can try some level 3 ... but will be scraping and banging, and might get stuck on some obsticles without lockers. Just have someone with you with a winch. The 3's should not cause any serious damage as long as your speed is under control - just badges of honor on those factory skids. Some tips ... the stock sport springs are really sensitive. Every extra pound of passenger or stuff in the vehicle will compress them to the bump stops. So definitely take off your doors if you can and dump out as much of your extra gear as you can before wheeling. There's a place to store doors at HF which is easy (never heard of any theft). There's also some camping areas where you could probably leave a mound of 'stuff' covered by a blanket to get exra weight out of the back. Again, I've done both and never had any issues. That will give you some extra clearance for your approach, breakover and departure angles and to get up hills. It sounds like a little obsessive, but taking all that weight out will really help you - especially without any lockers or rear limited slip. Same with the hardtop, if you have one. Get that off.
Sponsored