First trip to Hidden Falls July 10th?

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Hi. New here and to Jeeps in general. My son and I are doing a little Texas trip from Dallas and seeing some of the Texas independence highlights. On our way down, we plan to stop at Hidden Falls on Saturday July 10th. This will be my first time at a park and my son's first experience at all. I have a stock sport (80th) so will stick to the easy stuff, but would love if anyone else wanted to meet up and show us around.
Thanks!
Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hi. New here and to Jeeps in general. My son and I are doing a little Texas trip from Dallas and seeing some of the Texas independence highlights. On our way down, we plan to stop at Hidden Falls on Saturday July 10th. This will be my first time at a park and my son's first experience at all. I have a stock sport (80th) so will stick to the easy stuff, but would love if anyone else wanted to meet up and show us around.
Thanks!
Welcome to the party/family/obsession! Hidden Falls is a great place to start exploring. I might be able to join you. Use this thread for updates!

coachgrinnan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thanks!
Learn how to disconnect/ reconnect at home, in the shade. There is not much shade at Area B (where Jeeps prep). I removed the little peace of plastic between the bumper and fender after my first trip.
BRING WATER. It gets HOT down here (again not much shade)

OP
OP
SteveA

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Learn how to disconnect/ reconnect at home, in the shade. There is not much shade at Area B (where Jeeps prep). I removed the little peace of plastic between the bumper and fender after my first trip.
BRING WATER. It gets HOT down here (again not much shade)
Thanks! I didn't even think about swaybar. Is that necessary for the level 1/2 stuff? I don't have the plastic part between the bumper and fender. The 80th has the bumper without it. Did that get hung up somehow?

coachgrinnan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thanks! I didn't even think about swaybar. Is that necessary for the level 1/2 stuff? I don't have the plastic part between the bumper and fender. The 80th has the bumper without it. Did that get hung up somehow?

Just makes disconnecting a PITA. I always disconnect, you never know what you want to try.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ll tentatively try to make it, but it’s hard to commit fully at this time. My wife only feels comfortable in really easy stuff so I can bring her along and join you in some of them. Then dump her at area B and go do some of the more interesting trails.

OP
OP
SteveA

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
I’ll tentatively try to make it, but it’s hard to commit fully at this time. My wife only feels comfortable in really easy stuff so I can bring her along and join you in some of them. Then dump her at area B and go do some of the more interesting trails.
That sounds great. I'd like to see what the fun stuff is like too, if we can ride along!

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Disconnecting isn't required. It just gives your front wheels some more flex and helps to lessen the impact you feel from some of the rocks and bumps.

It's kinda like airing-down. It's a good thing to do to soften the bumps, but not always required.

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
On our way down, we plan to stop at Hidden Falls on Saturday July 10th. This will be my first time at a park and my son's first experience at all.
Thanks!
I’m new to the Jeep scene too. I will try to make it. I’ll be driving over from Louisiana.

I plan on going to Hidden Falls for the first time on Thursday, June 17th if anyone can make that date also. Already made the travel plans.

I’m headed to Colorado for a few weeks in July so I might be able to make the July 10th date on the way there. The June 17th date is to try to get some basic off road experience before Colorado. Have a JLUR.

OP
OP
SteveA

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
I’m new to the Jeep scene too. I will try to make it. I’ll be driving over from Louisiana.

I plan on going to Hidden Falls for the first time on Thursday, June 17th if anyone can make that date also. Already made the travel plans.

I’m headed to Colorado for a few weeks in July so I might be able to make the July 10th date on the way there. The June 17th date is to try to get some basic off road experience before Colorado. Have a JLUR.
Very cool! I'd be down for the 17th as well, but I'm out the surrounding weekends, so can't fit that one in.

Sponsored

TexasZeke

First Name
Ramey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner for now
I will be heading out with Steve on the 11th. I will be the 4Runner fly in the ointment.

What kind of trail communications do you guys run? Lots of folks seen to have moved to gmrs from CB from what I can tell.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
In for either the 10th or 11th

Or whatever else

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Is there still a plan to meet at Hidden Falls on the 10th?

OP
OP
SteveA

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Is there still a plan to meet at Hidden Falls on the 10th?
TexasZeke and I are planning to leave from Dallas at around 6am and head down. Should put us there at 10:30ish.
Sponsored