Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Made my first payment today, only another 35 to go :CWL:
be proud of yourself that its only 35. Id bet a box of donuts that the statistical majority of the jeeps here are financed at 72-84 and have their wheels/tires/lifts/stuff on an affirm payment on top of It.

”remaining amount financed” is a part of the reason the resale on wranglers is so high.

OP
OP
RobAmy

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
be proud of yourself that its only 35. Id bet a box of donuts that the statistical majority of the jeeps here are financed at 72-84 and have their wheels/tires/lifts/stuff on an affirm payment on top of It.

”remaining amount financed” is a part of the reason the resale on wranglers is so high.
Thanks but that does make for a large payment for sure. I really wanted to take advantage of the 0% finance and they only had a 3 year. My dealer took very little off because it was the only diesel Rubicon in my state at the time and it had everything I wanted except for the front camera which was okay with me. Dealers around here seem not to work with you on getting it built either at least with the Rubicons and Diesel packages. So that was a way to get the overall price down having no finance charges. Overall the dealer was great I am loving my first Jeep :rock:

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Thanks but that does make for a large payment for sure. I really wanted to take advantage of the 0% finance and they only had a 3 year. My dealer took very little off because it was the only diesel Rubicon in my state at the time and it had everything I wanted except for the front camera which was okay with me. Dealers around here seem not to work with you on getting it built either at least with the Rubicons and Diesel packages. So that was a way to get the overall price down having no finance charges. Overall the dealer was great I am loving my first Jeep :rock:
0% finance is a great find. At the time of our purchase this was not available so we are at 2.99%. Just checked refi rates and the lowest available right now is 2.49%. Boo.

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
congrats on the new Rubi. Cant beat the 0%. That's why I went new rather than a couple years old. That and the resale on Wranglers is freakishly high so not much difference in price between new and used.

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR

I'm normally averse to debt, but money is so cheap now. I have no problem admitting I took 72 months because it was only a hair over 2% and I can make more than that elsewhere. I for sure liked getting 0% for five years and chuckling as they asked if I wanted to make a down payment. So, paying interest...but small interest.

All my add ons were paid for in cash ;)

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
congrats on you jl. check and see if you have a no penalty early pay off. when i got my jl, i was not interested in financing it. it was going to cash buy. i ended up doing the finance to get the price lower and drive off the lot that day. also i had the no penalty early pay off. so 13 months later paid it off.

OP
OP
RobAmy

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
congrats on you jl. check and see if you have a no penalty early pay off. when i got my jl, i was not interested in financing it. it was going to cash buy. i ended up doing the finance to get the price lower and drive off the lot that day. also i had the no penalty early pay off. so 13 months later paid it off.
Thanks, no early payoff penalty at all. Nice to pay if off in 13 months, congrats.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Beat me to it. When I was still commuting every day, I had wondered if there were that many good jobs to support the sheer number of youngish drivers that I was seeing in 50/60/70K SUVs and trucks. Being someone who saves up and pays cash means I sometimes forget that this nation runs on credit.

To be fair, 0% is free money and I too would be tempted to take that offer and put my greenbacks to work, elsewhere. :)

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
OP...congrats on the first payment. Will feel even better when you make the last payment.

As an aside on this thread...
Paying cash upfront doesn’t always make sense especially when rates are 0, 1.9, and even 2.9.

If you have $60k cash and want to buy a vehicle where you can get a loan for 1.9% for 72 months, take the loan.

Loan will cost you $3500 in interest over 6 years.

If you invest the $60K and don’t touch it for 6 years and average even a low 4% annual return you’ll make $16K.
Even if the market gave you 2% annually you’d still make $7500.
After taxes you’ll still come out ahead.

And those return rates are super conservative. During the year of the pandemic and everything else going on in 2020...my 401k returned 18% for the year. 18% in one year!

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
My 457 earned 17.5% since April, just crazy! No reason to buy cash right now. That Affirm crap though, stay far away from that trap.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
You can't beat "free money". Now my money stays invested making more money. :)

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I do 72 months on all the vehicles I don't lease. Reason being flexibility, and for me, the rates aren't any higher at the longer term. I aim to pay the vehicle off in 4-5 years but this way in case life happens I can always reduce my payments any time I want for some extra cash.
Sponsored