Finding bumpers, more difficult than I thought

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Jeep Wrangler JL Finding bumpers, more difficult than I thought 20C78D32-BAD0-46DE-A101-8DE96A6C1CD6
Sponsored

JackA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
The Westin WJ2 is a pretty good bumper; we liked the look, it is winch ready (no extra parts needed) is a true bolt on to the factory mounting points. We used our 2021 Rubicon OE fog lamps as there is a mounting kit included. There are two traditional hooks and two shackle points plus the T-cut out for high jack attachment. You will want the skid plate which is an additional $99.
Jeep Wrangler JL Finding bumpers, more difficult than I thought Anderson MOPAR Black Satin Grill.JPG

cant wait

First Name
kool beenz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport 2 dr with bells
Occupation
operations
Just asking thru the forum for vendor or company assistance prior to buying wider flares for my 2019 JL. My mods are good just need to calm down the open spray on the road. Trailing no issues.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi all, I'm looking for a bumper that fully encompasses the entire front of my jeep and wraps around completly and attaches to the rear bumper.

It also needs to be powered by unicorn farts because it is likely and inevitable that I plan to crash into something and I need the bumper to repel potential damage to the sun glasses that might fall off my eyes during impact.

A bent and totaled frame is not an inportant consideration, my concern is only to protect my imagination.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Personally I have been hit at stop signs 2 times. I was told the first time something fell and they were looking down for it not realizing the 3 stopped cars with me the last so I get hit. The 2nd was a truck and the guy was looking at the bed and hit me in the driver corner as he tried to avoid me. I was in a Suzuki Sidekick with welded to the frame Rock Rails and bumpers front and back. The Celica that hit me had the hood almost pushed back into the windshield and the 2nd a Ford F150 with fender damage on the passenger side crumpled back toward the windshield. My Steel bumper needed some touch up paint and that was it. No frame damage. Those experiences told me to add Steel bumpers Front, Back, and rails to my 2020 JLRU. Better I'm safe with minimal damage than the next guy that hits me. LoD front and LoD rock rails but I think RockHard for the rear

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
>* Doesn't replace shackle mounts with hooks which could result in fun things flying around at thousands of pounds of pressure

Personally, I'd suggest removing this as a consideration. There's a reason the factory supplies hooks. They're durable, reliable, and easy to use. Folks recover Jeeps using hooks every single day.

Just drop a strap's loop or winch line loop over a hook and you're fine. Don't attach a strap to a shackle then loop the shackle over the hook.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
You think it is difficult finding bumpers; try finding bumpers for the RHD JL. We have PDC & fog lights in the front and rear bumpers, our rear licence plate holder is also in a different location.

Sponsored

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
I have the Warn Elite on order. Ordered in Jan before delivery of JLUR and ship date is the end of Jun. Made in US and accepts factory fog lights. One of my requirements was mounting the winch low in the bumper to keep air flow to radiator. If I end up with some front end sag I plan on installing a leveling kit.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, I'm looking for a bumper that fully encompasses the entire front of my jeep and wraps around completly and attaches to the rear bumper.

It also needs to be powered by unicorn farts because it is likely and inevitable that I plan to crash into something and I need the bumper to repel potential damage to the sun glasses that might fall off my eyes during impact.

A bent and totaled frame is not an inportant consideration, my concern is only to protect my imagination.

Thanks in advance
Are the unicorn farts available in Rubicon red?

Okiedokie

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Sahara
Wow! I guess folks are paying $1,800 for the steel bumper upgrade then changing them out? I got the plastic ones but planned to get the RR Arcus. I like the compact look. Anyone tried this bumper out?
No but its on my "I think this is the one" list. Changed out the plastic front for the steel rubi (just run the stubby) last year and I think the Argus compliments it pretty well. Just hoping to catch a sale at this point!

Playbak54

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Retired
I"m perfectly happy with my wj2 from westin: built in winch plate & it will accept factory fogs..yes, it has hooks, but also has attachment points for shackles. the skid plate and light mount tabs (for the bull bar) are additional accessories, but not that expensive. Longest light bar that will mount inside the hoop is 28". I plan on running a 22 or 28 to supplement my 52" bar over my windshield with a couple PIAA halogen fogs mounted on brackets on the hoop.
I purchased my Body Armor JL-2965 because, at the time, the Motor city M1 rear was unavailable & I wanted something that wasn't too "radical".
the body armor bumper is great & comes with the license mounting bracket (some places actually charge extra, led license light AND tabs to mount auxiliary backup lights (I'm running the Baja Designs squadron sport). the version with the holes for sensors are preey much plug and play with regards to the sensors, with no additional bezels or brackets needed.
altogether, I'm much happier than with the factory plastic bumpers and it jsut sets it off from the "factory look"
Jeep Wrangler JL Finding bumpers, more difficult than I thought 556BFF4B-353D-4AAB-B2FB-63264046C030
Jeep Wrangler JL Finding bumpers, more difficult than I thought 556BFF4B-353D-4AAB-B2FB-63264046C030
Is the a Jeep model Trail Cam you have on your front grill? Does the bull bar block your forward view from the cam? I like the bumper.