Sponsored

Find on lot, order, or wait?

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon on order
Hello everyone!
I’ve never owned a Jeep before and our friends are slowly talking us into one. We are wanting a 2 door Rubicon with a soft top and the 3.6 with an automatic. I have been able to find only 2 at other dealers in other states. Our local dealer keeps saying the other dealerships are unwilling to let them be traded to our dealership.

If we order one our only option is the 3.6 with the etourqe and I’m thinking a Jeep should be more simple than more electronic. I don’t know if I would trust a 48v battery system and future costs of replacement as batteries are born to die.

If we wait, could there be an option for the standard 3.6 without etourqe coming back or does it seem this is the only way forward?

I also haven’t found many reviews of the etourqe battery system of actual owners. Just reviews of how the system works.

Am I being nervous for no reason and just pull the plug and order one, keep trying to get one of the two I have found that does not have it, or wait and see if the option comes back for the standard 3.6 non etourqe?

Thanks in advance from a very anxious first time Jeep buyer
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not going to see the non-torque 3.6 this model year. What's wrong with the 2.0?

OP
OP
BasherXt

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon on order
I've read good things about the 2.0 but with the etourqe. Not able to find any info on performance without it. As I understand you can get the 2.0 but not without etourqe? Is that correct?

Last edited:

buymenow00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara Altitude
We were looking on the lot, but kept coming up with cars that didn't have all the equipment we wanted or had too much. Since we're right between the model years it was getting more difficult to search all the dealers in the area and find cars that were close to our spec. Finally just bit the bullet and ordered the car EXACTLY how we wanted. Still able to make a deal to pay @ invoice, which I thought was still a decent price on a '21. Good luck!

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
With inventory as low as it is from the plants being shut down waiting for the right Jeep to just show up is going to take WAY longer then just ordering something. I do a lot of factory orders for people as it is but with everything the way that it is I have been doing even more then normal. If you want a Jeep and you want it to be a certain way, order it.

Sponsored

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
I've read good things about the 2.0 but with the etourqe. Not able to find any info on performance without it. As I understand you can get the 2.0 but not without etourqe? Is that correct?
my 2021 non etorque 2.0 is a hoot to drive. I'm really happy with it.

Artdnj

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUHR just stolen
My research has shown you can get a 2021 cheaper by ordering if you can wait. Even used 2019-20s are 50k...can't find a reason not to order plus I get actually what I want
Sponsored