AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hello,
I want to buy your product but it is missing a key feature that would be essential to my offroading. Is there anyway that tazer can honk the horn when a tire reaches a set PSI? It would need to poll the TMPS faster than normal to do this accurately I believe. This would save me substantial time and pain both airing up and down while allowing me to walk away and help others.

Thank you.
Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I am under the impression that the TPMS signal is only "polled" when the wheels spin. If so, Tazer could not grant your request from a programming standpoint. Maybe it can be done with special aftermarket sensors. I love the idea, though.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am under the impression that the TPMS signal is only "polled" when the wheels spin. If so, Tazer could not grant your request from a programming standpoint. Maybe it can be done with special aftermarket sensors. I love the idea, though.
It updates while stationary and updates pretty quickly between updates. I air up only using the dash for psi monitoring. It does a pretty darn good job.

The honking feature would be cool.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Already available on the JT.

The video states "if equipped". I wonder what hardware is required to "equip" this feature or is it just software with any TPMS sensor.

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Already available on the JT.

My Fiancee's 2021 JLU High Altitude has it:

mdCleDs.jpg

Funny that hers has Off-Road Pages and the tire fill alert since there is zero chance that she'll ever air the tires down. We've never used it so I'm not sure how well it works.

OP
OP
AgentWolf

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Fiancee's 2021 JLU High Altitude has it:

Jeep Wrangler JL [Feature Request] Honk when tire pressure reached mdCleDs

Funny that hers has Off-Road Pages and the tire fill alert since there is zero chance that she'll ever air the tires down. We've never used it so I'm not sure how well it works.
Yup, I’m not sure what makes it equipped or not on a vehicle but it seems software related. Got to be someway to turn it on.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
That would make a nice software update right there.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
You would have to change your TPMS if your Jeep is not equipped with TFA (Tire Fill Alert). The new 21’s and the older Gladiator’s already have it but it is a different sensor and the sensors have to have the capability first.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AgentWolf

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You would have to change your TPMS if your Jeep is not equipped with TFA (Tire Fill Alert). The new 21’s and the older Gladiator’s already have it but it is a different sensor and the sensors have to have the capability first.
They already pull the psi, I imagine if they can increase the polling rate to 3 seconds or something then it should work. Unless there’s a hardware limitation on how fast it can send data.