chilly_one

chilly_one

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara; Granite Metallic
you sir, nailed it. My argument as well.

Here's the worse part, im in my jeep a lot, on conf calls using BT headphones. Apple designed Carplay with large buttons to make it simple and safe. Guess what, when im on a conf call or have to dial into one, i cant press the dialer buttons on the PHONE function in CarPlay because Jeep/Uconnect blocks the GOD DAMN DIALER keys, and i cant say the numbers to the CUstomer service most of the time or the dial in of my work conf calls, so i have to pickup my phone and press the numbers. Now, in massachusetts, starting in 2020, it is against the law to even touch your cell phone while driving, so now i'm shit out of luck.

So to the @JeepCares service person, it is 100% bullshit apple put this restriction in, this is Jeep/FCA and or Uconnect who designed this restriction.

More proof, my Wifes volvo XC90 2018 works perfect, nothing is blocked for Carplay while in motion using ios 13.3 or any other ios version.
I had the same issue the other day. I was trying to use the display keypad to enter a conference call ID and I was locked out. So frustrating. And I seriously do not want to come to a complete stop every time I want to change my frickin' playlist. :headbang:
Sponsored