Fastest time to crack front windshield?

YarrrMatey

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I got my first windshield 'chip' 3 days off the lot on a road trip. I was passing an 18wheeler and apparently a loose piece of asphalt was in the middle of the road.
Sponsored

ryanhulce

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You guys are making me feel better. It took me a hefty 3 or 4 weeks to damage my first windshield. I'm such a slacker....

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I got a chip on my 15 JKU in the 1st month, it was at the very bottom edge, it did not crack for 2 years, 3rd winter it cracked along the bottom just above the wipers, I traded it without fixing. Sold my 07 JK in 2105 with at least 10 chips, no cracks.

shannond12

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Two days. Thought I had luck on my side as I heard 3 bad hits but no crack on my replacement glass. Unfortunately the 3rd was behind ACC section and did not see the visible crack until a few days later- 4 weeks of no cracks.

#3 windshield coming soon. At some point our insurance companies will go after this nonsense and force a change in thicker/more resilient glass. Screw the .25/mile MPG in weight/cost savings.

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Iā€™ve have not even made my first payment and Iā€™m on chip #2. Neither one hit hard. The first one was 3 days after delivery. The second was 2 weeks later. First could be filled. The second is 2ā€ in diameter and close to line of sight.

Sponsored

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I made it 2 weeks and around 750 miles.
Weird thing is there nobody was around me and I never heard the impact. I just noticed a crack while driving. At first I thought it was spontaneous. I found a very small impact mark upon closer inspection. These windshields must be very fragile. I had my JKU for 10 years and only replaced the windshield once.

For future planning I lowered my Comprehensive Deductible to $100.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I had a rock hit mine on the way home from buying it at the dealership. It was a tiny chip, though, and didn't start splitting into a crack until 8 or so months later. Like all my previous Jeeps before, I haven't been able to go a single year without having to replace a windshield. It's pretty much a regular maintenance thing now.

jholmesjr

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Mine cracked at almost 2 weeks. Replaced with aftermarket. Will see if that does any better.

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
We are brand new to Jeep and brand new to Wrangler. Weā€™ve owned our ā€˜18 JL exactly 3 weeks and are loving it, However, we welcomed a cracked windshield yesterday thanks to a generous pickup truck. Wondering who has the fastest record time for cracking theirs...

upload_2019-8-1_20-1-44.jpeg
It was 2 weeks for me and because the Jeep had the advanced safety group, it took approximately 2 months for the glass to come in. A month after having it replaced, another rock nailed it causing a second replacement. So I have owned my Jeep 4 months tomorrow and have had two replacements. Today I took it in to my tint shop and had ClearPlex installed on the windshield. Hopefully, this will cut down on my frequent visits to Penske Rapid Repair.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It was 2 weeks for me and because the Jeep had the advanced safety group, it took approximately 2 months for the glass to come in. A month after having it replaced, another rock nailed it causing a second replacement. So I have owned my Jeep 4 months tomorrow and have had two replacements. Today I took it in to my tint shop and had ClearPlex installed on the windshield. Hopefully, this will cut down on my frequent visits to Penske Rapid Repair.
Hows the clarity with ClearPlex and how much was it? Wonder how wipers will work? Any warranty? Thanks.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Hows the clarity with ClearPlex and how much was it? Wonder how wipers will work? Any warranty? Thanks.
The clarity is crystal clear and I paid $200. I suggest really shopping around because I was quoted as high as $450. There is a two year warranty on the film and it comes with a conditioner that he recommended applying once once a month. You can use your wipers with the film, however I do not because my vehicle is coated with Ceramic Pro, including all glass.

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout, a few others
About two weeks. Bought the windshield insurance from the dealer so a new one is pending. Backordered. I wonder why.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The clarity is crystal clear and I paid $200. I suggest really shopping around because I was quoted as high as $450. There is a two year warranty on the film and it comes with a conditioner that he recommended applying once once a month. You can use your wipers with the film, however I do not because my vehicle is coated with Ceramic Pro, including all glass.
Please keep us updated on how well the ClearPlex holds up. Thanks.
Sponsored