Windshield Cracked at 500 miles

DBrundage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Unlimited Willys
Windshield cracked at 400 miles. Window is dirty because of slushy roads that day. Anyone else have issues with their windshield? I don't want the dealership to fix it because window repair is covered under my insurance and they will come to my house to fix it. Any thoughts?

KIMG2261.JPG
Sponsored

HempelNet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR (Crystal Granite)
Occupation
Sr. Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This is the third window I have seen recently cracked in the same location. No impact found but use of the defroster was used. The dealership took pictures and so far they are waiting for approval to replace under warranty. Possible installation glitch on the line maybe? I have more questions than answers for you sorry..

OP
OP

DBrundage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Unlimited Willys
There is no chip. Just the crack that formed while the defroster was on. I actually watched the crack form as I was driving. Do you think I should go through the dealership or insurance company. Insuranance company is more convenient.

HempelNet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR (Crystal Granite)
Occupation
Sr. Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the time the dealership could be helpful if under warranty. If the insurance is free and no dings on your record I would go that route to have another company non-Mopar to install a new one in hopes it does not happen again.

Let me know how it goes if you would please.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
My guess is a glass claim is still a claim, just comprehensive. Deductible may be slightly different -- but it still goes on your CLUE report. Insurance companies will take into account the # of claims, irrespective of it being "glass."
Sponsored