Sponsored

Falcon shocks worth that wait?

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I was considering falcon 3.3sp2 but looking around you can't buy them and was just told up to 14 week backorder from teraflex. Covid set everyone back so I get the long lead times so def not knocking them for it I'm just not sure I want to wait that long.
Sponsored

Last edited:

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I hope so. That is the shock I plan to run. What retailers have you looked at?

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I love the hell out mine and I have zero complaints. What ever you decide I would focus on adjustability so you can fine tune your ride.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I don't think it matters anymore if it's "worth the wait", based on recent experiences you are going to wait for everything whether it is worth it or not.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
any particular reason?
They used to be good before they got big and started outsourcing all their manufacturing. Now not so much. For the price they’re asking you can get a set of Fox shocks custom-tuned to your needs. Fox and King are industry leaders in the shock business. Falcon not so much.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
They used to be good before they got big and started outsourcing all their manufacturing. Now not so much. For the price they’re asking you can get a set of Fox shocks custom-tuned to your needs. Fox and King are industry leaders in the shock business. Falcon not so much.
Where do you get custom tuned shocks for the same price?

Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Fox or King are worth waiting for, I don't think anything from Teraflex is worth much of anything anymore.

I previously had custom tuned Fox 2.5 DSC from Accutune. I now have the Falcon SP2 3.3 quick adjust. The Falcons feel better and they are a couple thousand dollars less.

OP,
I just got those Falcon shocks from Amazon a few weeks ago. Try there.....

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I previously had custom tuned Fox 2.5 DSC from Accutune. I now have the Falcon SP2 3.3 quick adjust. The Falcons feel better and they are a couple thousand dollars less.

OP,
I just got those Falcon shocks from Amazon a few weeks ago. Try there.....
Couple thousand less? What shocks are we talking about here? Never mind that the Fox’s are rebuildable so they’re a lifetime shock. Sure the Falcons are “rebuildable” but they have to be sent to the factory. I mean to each their own but Fox and King have been leading the industry for decades.

I see you said 2.5 DSC, not really a fair comparison there. You would be the only person I’ve ever heard of that got rid of those shocks and prefer the Falcons.

OP
OP
bumpit

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Fox 2.5s are nice and I'm sure I'd love them but 2600$ is more than I want spend on a set of shocks. And any shock I get is going to back to the manufacturer if it needs rebuilt be it fox or falcon so that doesn't matter to me.

As far as I know falcon isn't outsourced and they're made hand built in Utah.

I will try amazon thks for the tip I wasn't even thinking amazon.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Fox 2.5s are nice and I'm sure I'd love them but 2600$ is more than I want spend on a set of shocks. And any shock I get is going to back to the manufacturer if it needs rebuilt be it fox or falcon so that doesn't matter to me.

As far as I know falcon isn't outsourced and they're made hand built in Utah.

I will try amazon thks for the tip I wasn't even thinking amazon.
The 2.0 RR setup (a better comparison to the Falcons) from accutune is just over $1400 valved specifically for your vehicle. Plenty of shops that can rebuild them if you don’t feel comfortable.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Has something changed? As of a couple month ago Falcon Shocks were all made in house in Utah.
Sponsored