Sponsored

Factory Trade In

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I've been getting a couple of these every month for the last few months. I got my 2018 pretty early (February, I think), so it'll be 2 years before I know it. I only expect the offers to increase between years 2 and 3.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
LOL I get this e-mail from Toyota all the time. "WE ARE LOW IN USED INVENTORY WE NEED YOUR CAR"

This is also like those MOPAR e-mails. There is always a MOPAR FLASH sale going on extended warranties....

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I received an email to UPGRADE from my ‘18 JLUR to a ‘19 Sport :facepalm:
I got something similar. "You could be the proud owner of a brand new '20 renegade trailhawk". I don't have anything against renegades, but trading my wrangler for a renegade wouldn't make me very proud.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
My wife and kids and I were in Rockaway beach, OR for a day trip 2 years ago. We got a call from Toyota of Portland with the classic, "we are really short on good used Camrys, we'd like to buy yours and get you into a better car and a lower payment." of course I was like, pffffft. My wife tho thought it was true and made us leave the beach and drive straight to the dealership
What's crazy is that we got there and low and behold they bought us out of our lease and put us in a new 4runner for less than the payment of our camry! It was awesome!

That's a true story. Well, most of it is true. Well, we did go Rockaway beach that day and did get called by Toyota. We actually had a few more glasses of wine and watched the sunset at the beach ;-)

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
LOL I get this e-mail from Toyota all the time. "WE ARE LOW IN USED INVENTORY WE NEED YOUR CAR"I would gladly get rid of the Toyota Avalon that I'm currently driving if Toyota would get rid of the third row seating in the Land Cruiser.

This is also like those MOPAR e-mails. There is always a MOPAR FLASH sale going on extended warranties....

Sponsored

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
I used to get those letters all of the time when I had my 4Runner.
I also get emails all of the time from the Tesla dealer. Test drove a Model S about 2 years ago......dealer would not budge on pricing, so walked.

Norton300

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
yes, they are always short of used cars and will buy yours LOL

Op, you could go in and see what you could negotiate on trading your current Jeep for a new on and maybe with better credit come out ahead, just know your numbers and be prepared to walk.
I agree with this advice. You will have a buy out on your current Jeep. It may make no sense to proceed, but it may if your credit is much better now as well.

If you have the time, it's not like you can't walk away. If the deal is crap, leave.

Best of luck

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, dealerships do this all the time, but you very well could get a good deal out of it. I've done so much to my '18 to make it mine that I'm not planning on trading it in for many years to come, but if you're someone with a stock JL and willing to do the dealership thing for a couple hours, you may come out with a newer model and a lower monthly payment. You never know unless you go in and see what they're actually gonna give you.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I received an email to UPGRADE from my ‘18 JLUR to a ‘19 Sport :facepalm:
My wife drives a Outback, and her Subaru dealer sends those postcards saying that we can upgrade to a new "Forester" with the same payment, like WTF? Paying the same but downgrade to a small car?

Sponsored

metallicpea

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
They can get pretty creative with this ploy too.

My friend got contatced that the dealer had a customer looking for a Grand Cherokee just like his in some rare blue paint color. They could give him top dollar as they had a customer already lined up. He went in and discovered it was BS, just trying to get him in to sell him a new car. They will pick a special model or feature just to make you feel special.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
So it's a no go? I was hoping to lower my lease payments, credit is much better now then when I got her
If your credit is better and you have opportunity to lower your payments and get a new car...sure why not? nobody is going to make you sign/buy/lease anything.

Yes it's a sales tactic - so what, go in and take advantage of it! Be cautious and dont let them convince you to buy something you dont need.

Having good credit is VERY rewarding. Both personally and financially.

Good luck!!
Sponsored