Sponsored

Trade in prices going up

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
So a previous dealer had offered me $45k for my 2022 rubicon 3.6l e torque with 8300 miles back in January.

today I got a text from that same dealer (different salesperson) asking if it was still interested in selling.

after spending about 30 minutes with them they decided to offer $51k if i bring back to stock now with a hair above 10k miles.

now my msrp when purchased was $59k. I paid msrp but have also got over $30k In Upgrades so if I returned to stock and got $51k, it doesn’t seem like a bad deal.

checking Jeeps build website.. same Jeep with factory option is now $72,800!!!

So used Jeep values increasing again but I think it’s due to Jeep simply raising msrp.

What do you think?
Sponsored

GMX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara 2.0
What is KBB trade in value on your Jeep?

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a coupon in the mail for $2,000 off a new Jeep.

Can't imagine Jeeps are selling that well right now if they are mailing out coupons.

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
It's quite simple.

If this were a book, chapter pre-kovid world ended, and post-kovid world, à la reset has begun, and still fresh, there is a good ways to go.

Yesterday's $60000 will soon be the new 6 digit $100000 normal. That $45000 buyer, will now be the $75000 one.

The credit ball will continue to roll until it crashes and burns.

Holy 💩$hit, do I consider myself lucky, I bought mine, and paid for it in one shot, just as chapter pre-kovid was ending.

..And Guess what? I ain't selling no matter what "they" offer me 😉

vetygud

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys 2 door Sarge, 2018 Silverado LTZ
Occupation
Retired LEO
The Jeep dealership, that I bought my 2022 Willys 2 door from, has been sending me an "exclusive offer" that they will give me 110% trade in value. I bought it less than a year ago. Another closer Jeep dealership where I have gotten warranty work done has started sending me notices that they want my Jeep.

I'm quite happy with it and have just started modding it to suite my needs. I like my 2 door 3.6L non-hybrid, 8 speed, non-e-Torque, that is no longer available in the 3.6L, 8 speed, 2 door configuration.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
Just got a coupon in the mail for $2,000 off a new Jeep.

Can't imagine Jeeps are selling that well right now if they are mailing out coupons.
Probably to clear out the 2023s. And it actually seems those coupons aren't uncommon.

MDawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe, 2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Wow, this is interesting news. I thought I was going to lose my rear end on trading in my 4XE for my 392 with the current high interest rates. Looks like things are better than I thought in the used market!

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people paying "stupid tax" with these high interest loans... The whole "Buy now, pay later" is a disease in our current generations...

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
There are too many factors at play right now to really say with much certainty what's going to happen. Personally I would not be buying any of these "must have" type vehicles (Rubicon, Bronco, Raptor, TRX, Hummer, etc) for awhile unless you can get a really good under invoice type deal. The used market is being supported by inflated MSRPs...but with rising interest rates those MSRPs are not going to hold up for the long run. At some point either massive rebates are going to return or price cuts are going to happen and that's going to crash the used market which means anyone who buys now is going to get crushed. When will that happen? That's the big question. Most thought it would have happened by now. But at this point it's pretty clear that it's anyone's guess...could be this fall, could be 2028.
Sponsored