Sponsored

EZTRUNK for JL install?

2020JLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
yes that is how they get installed. I called the company and they confirmed. Not really needed with the hard top installed but suggested with it off to avoid someone pulling a wing upward to access the area. Also, they provide two different length screws and you could have used the shorter ones so they are flush. The longer ones are for when the soft top is installed and these plates sandwich the soft top plastic trim piece.

Hereā€™s how I installed this wing pieces. Not sure if itā€™s correct. I have a 4dr Sahara hardtop.

941F780A-CD87-449A-B7B3-37A1FEBD4B13.jpeg
Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
@2020JLR does your soft top still go down without any issues? The one poster was saying it didnt sit flush correctly any longer. Can you confirm?

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
@2020JLR does your soft top still go down without any issues? The one poster was saying it didnt sit flush correctly any longer. Can you confirm?
My soft top goes down without issue. Only problem is, it does not push down all the way with the trunk in place.

After I installed this piece my trunk sits straight now:

Jeep Wrangler JL EZTRUNK for JL install? 1612205450215

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My soft top goes down without issue. Only problem is, it does not push down all the way with the trunk in place.

After I installed this piece my trunk sits straight now:

Jeep Wrangler JL EZTRUNK for JL install? 1612205450215
I really like this set up. Does anyone have pictures of it installed on a 2dr and how it sits when collapsed? That would be amazing. Thanks for the responses

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I really like this set up. Does anyone have pictures of it installed on a 2dr and how it sits when collapsed? That would be amazing. Thanks for the responses
I could have sworn I posted one. I have a two door. Iā€™ll post a pic of it collapsed in a bit. I never leave it collapsed actually I use it all the time it has given me so much peace.

Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could have sworn I posted one. I have a two door. Iā€™ll post a pic of it collapsed in a bit. I never leave it collapsed actually I use it all the time it has given me so much peace.
Thanks buuuudddddy!!! Take a few up and down if you don't mind... šŸ˜Ž

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump šŸ˜Ž

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Does the 2 door EZTrunk cover only the tiny back area when the rear seats are up? Is there an option for a larger one when the seats are folded forward or with the rear seats removed? They're website is unclear and I didn't get through when calling.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
R there any pics of the 2 door in use??? They don't even have any on their site? they use the 4 door for a visual and it says when purchasing it lays flat when not in use. Then why don't they have pics of it ? I'm sure it is a good product...i'm just not buying anything without seeing it in use.

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Rubicon XR
I messaged them on Facebook yesterday about the version that encloses more on the JLU, and was told it is 6-12 months out. I was hoping to get the larger one for my 4xe, but I wonā€™t have that kind of patience.
We left that space so you can put more stuff between the seat and trunk that is verticle. We are producing one that fills the entire back of the trunk area. That will be for sale in about 6 months. The trunk doesn't get in the way of the rear seats or sits against seats or interferes with them at all. We have just uploaded a video for installing the JKU EZTRUNK. We are still in process of producing other videos.

https://eztrunk.net/video-manuals

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I saw them at Jeep Beach. They say that the JLU model will fit a JL model and come up to the rear seats when they are flipped forward. If you want to use the rear seats as seats, you have to modify the mounting of the EZ Trunk a little bit by expanding the mounting holes (so they told me) such that the base mounts slightly more aft.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I saw them at Jeep Beach. They say that the JLU model will fit a JL model and come up to the rear seats when they are flipped forward. If you want to use the rear seats as seats, you have to modify the mounting of the EZ Trunk a little bit by expanding the mounting holes (so they told me) such that the base mounts slightly more aft.
ive been waiting for this to become available. looks like a great product. hopefully they improve the installation instructions. if quadratec or others would carry it they would make one of their excellent installation videos for it. im going to wait to see the whole JLU trunk looks like and is available. id prefer a larger locked trunk than a small accessible space in front of it. but im sure there are those that could use that space. awesome that the company is making different options available and awesome that they are on here addressing people's concerns and questions. :beer:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

JL Life makes great videos. their EZ Trunk video review. they always have great how to videos. there she fully installs the EZ Trunk and show how it works.

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
That's a great video.

-Virtually no wasted airtime with blah blah blah (I'm looking at you, "Lite Brite".)
-A clear explanation of individual parts ID and placement.
-Bonus points for stressing "No power tools".
-Takes care to mention the now-compromised operation of the rear cubby lid with the EZ Trunk now in situ.

It's refreshing to see a DIY YouTube channel that gets the details of good presentation correct. That's a rare thing.

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
JL Life makes great videos. their EZ Trunk video review. they always have great how to videos. there she fully installs the EZ Trunk and show how it works.

You. Are. Awesome.
Sponsored