Sponsored

Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install

JoshuaaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't really seen any mention of the Vector JL Cage Packs on here, so I figured I would give my .02.

First, the customer service is great! Their website for the Cage Packs listed the pair (driver and passenger), however, I only wanted the passenger side due to a fire extinguisher on the driver-side roll bar. I emailed them at 8:36am on a Monday and Travis from @Vector Offroad sent me a reply at 8:39am telling me I could order just the passenger side. I placed my order a few minutes later.

$87.50 for the Vector Offroad mount and a 1 gallon Rotopax
$12.54 for shipping

Everything arrived about two weeks after ordering. The instructions are available online, but it was very easy to install without them. I am happy with the fitment and finish. Nothing will get hung up on it since the entire assembly is flush with the roll bar on the interior side. Here is what you will receive if you order one side only (double it if you order the standard pair).
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5274

Tools Needed
  • Ratchet
  • 13mm socket
  • Trim tool (optional)
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5312

Time: 20 minutes

Step 1: Remove the roll bar plastic trim. You can use a trim tool or pull straight away from the roll bar with your fingers. There are two tabs as seen below. This exposes the two M8 threaded holes.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5280
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5286
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5284

Step 2: Attach the Rotopax mount to the Vector Offroad bracket. The Rotopax mount will have two hex bolts already threaded into the body; these are the only bolts we will use. The other included hardware from Rotopax is not needed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5300

Step 3: Mount the bracket to the roll bar. Insert the two M8 bolts and tighten. The bottom of the bracket hit the roll bar trim piece slightly (1/8"). You can trim this if you like. I opted to just tighten the bracket down and let it self clearance (i.e. squish the trim slightly). I am not sure if this will happen for everyone or if this is just due to varying trim fitment. Not a big deal either way.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5298
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5292
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5294

Step 4: Attach the Rotopax container to the bracket. All done.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5303
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5305
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install IMG_5308
Sponsored

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
I retrofitted a jk bracket for the same purpose (your bracket wasn’t available at the time). I like how your rotopax is out of the way. How hard is it to remove the container? I’d consider running your setup with a rubber line with a petcock so I could easily get water without having to remove the whole container. Mine is below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install 76A0A0DC-AF38-4ECB-B1FF-10CB91D0B58F

Sponsored

OP
OP
JoshuaaT

JoshuaaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
I retrofitted a jk bracket for the same purpose (your bracket wasn’t available at the time). I like how your rotopax is out of the way. How hard is it to remove the container? I’d consider running your setup with a rubber line with a petcock so I could easily get water without having to remove the whole container. Mine is below.
There is just BARELY enough room to get the Rotopax out when the hardtop is on but it easily removable. I also 3D printed a flashlight mount to the bracket as well. It has been very handy when we are camping. If you zoom in enough you can see it.
4509A02D-3024-4C11-9093-93E25D3C68BE.jpeg

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Very nice setup

decavolt

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU. Previously: 2016 JK, 1997 TJ.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install 4509A02D-3024-4C11-9093-93E25D3C68BE
Which JK bracket did you use, and did you have to do anything special to it? I want to get this Vector bracket for my JL but they seem to be out of stock everywhere, so it'd be great to make a JK bracket work instead.

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Which JK bracket did you use, and did you have to do anything special to it? I want to get this Vector bracket for my JL but they seem to be out of stock everywhere, so it'd be great to make a JK bracket work instead.
i used the garvin 66790 bracket. I welded two brackets on to mount it to the roll bar and to my hi lift bracket

I think a simpler option is to buy a piece of 1/4” steel and drill four holes mimicking the above option. You could then mount the rotopax facing in or out
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Vector Cage Pack Install 0F66D947-C29B-4DD2-A57D-6994E1D5B925

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Great Job!!