Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
That’s where we were. I guess the ponies were hunkered down this weekend.
One other place you may like is the Virginia Creeper trail. You can rent bikes and it's 90% downhill (slight grade) and 10% flat. The kids would love it.
Sponsored

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Looking for some help from the NC group - heading down to Green Mountain area for T'giving and was wondering if there are good trails in that area or do we have to head East to Uwharrie? Thanks in advance!!

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for some help from the NC group - heading down to Green Mountain area for T'giving and was wondering if there are good trails in that area or do we have to head East to Uwharrie? Thanks in advance!!
My in laws have a cabin in Green Mountain. It depends on what you’re looking to do. If you want to ride forest roads, the Pisgah NF is nearby and has some scenic roads. If you want to wheel, URE will be a better bet.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Thanks for the tips here gents. I headed up 105 this past weekend for some great views. Colors are not quite at peak yet, but still great.
Jeep Wrangler JL Exploring North Carolina 03CD8D1F-A755-4F1B-84AF-085CA5580581

Jeep Wrangler JL Exploring North Carolina A29FA47E-222F-4AB6-BA35-0E8AC31365D9

Jeep Wrangler JL Exploring North Carolina 64DE59D0-B510-4550-95B8-3661B5F3C8AB

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Thanks for the tips here gents. I headed up 105 this past weekend for some great views. Colors are not quite at peak yet, but still great.
Jeep Wrangler JL Exploring North Carolina 64DE59D0-B510-4550-95B8-3661B5F3C8AB
Nice view of Table Rock off in the distance. :like: I'll be looking at that same view in person this coming Saturday.

Later,
Johnny

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Hi folks, has anyone driven Hurricane Creek recently. I'm wondering if it's still rutted out pretty badly in places. I'm guessing that it is since it doesn't appear to get much, if any, maintenance.

Later,
Johnny

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi folks, has anyone driven Hurricane Creek recently. I'm wondering if it's still rutted out pretty badly in places. I'm guessing that it is since it doesn't appear to get much, if any, maintenance.

Later,
Johnny
An overlanding guy on YouTube was there a couple weeks back. It looks pretty rutted out from his video.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
An overlanding guy on YouTube was there a couple weeks back. It looks pretty rutted out from his video.
Thanks Bret, that's about like I expected. I think that I'll give it a pass this trip since the wife really doesn't like deep ruts.

Later,
Johnny

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Df007,

The views looks like Linville Gorge area off the Parkway.
Very nice!

Saturday, was up on the Parkway. Hiking up the Daniel Bone Trail to Callaway Peak and beyond.
Jeep Wrangler JL Exploring North Carolina At Callaway Peak_Page_1

Beautiful area!

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Df007,

The views looks like Linville Gorge area off the Parkway.
Very nice!

Saturday, was up on the Parkway. Hiking up the Daniel Bone Trail to Callaway Peak and beyond.
Jeep Wrangler JL Exploring North Carolina At Callaway Peak_Page_1

Beautiful area!
There's not a heck of a lot I will miss of NC but the BR Mountains up in Boone and Blowing Rock are def one of them. Love that place and will miss it. Check out Julian Price Park if you get a chance, you won't be disappointed.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
There's not a heck of a lot I will miss of NC but the BR Mountains up in Boone and Blowing Rock are def one of them. Love that place and will miss it. Check out Julian Price Park if you get a chance, you won't be disappointed.
For sure! Thanks for the tip; will do!

JLNOLA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S MT
Can anyone point me towards good online resources for finding trails and reviews/ratings? I've been able to find a few of the places mentioned here but I'm from New Orleans and don't know the area all that well. I've spent a good bit of time around the Cashier to Asheville area over the years and I went to Clemson so I know the area around there and up through Wahalla and don't want to go farther east than Asheville, preferably Brevard.

I'm picking up my first Wrangler in a week or two at Mall of Georgia Jeep in Buford, GA (custom order, just arrived at the rail yard) and I'd love to add on a quick trip to the mountains to hit a trail or two over a weekend. I'm pretty green and will have a manual Sport S with all-seasons coming off the lot so don't want anything super technical wouldn't mind something a little more exciting than a dirt or gravel road. I'm capable, just not experienced off-roading. If I can combine a Jeep trail and a hike, all the better. Thanks!

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone point me towards good online resources for finding trails and reviews/ratings? I've been able to find a few of the places mentioned here but I'm from New Orleans and don't know the area all that well. I've spent a good bit of time around the Cashier to Asheville area over the years and I went to Clemson so I know the area around there and up through Wahalla and don't want to go farther east than Asheville, preferably Brevard.

I'm picking up my first Wrangler in a week or two at Mall of Georgia Jeep in Buford, GA (custom order, just arrived at the rail yard) and I'd love to add on a quick trip to the mountains to hit a trail or two over a weekend. I'm pretty green and will have a manual Sport S with all-seasons coming off the lot so don't want anything super technical wouldn't mind something a little more exciting than a dirt or gravel road. I'm capable, just not experienced off-roading. If I can combine a Jeep trail and a hike, all the better. Thanks!
OnX Off-road, Gaia, and where2wheel.com are all decent resources.