Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD 06 Corvette. 16 FLTRU
Occupation
Lighthouse Keeper, Retired Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have not seen the message on the dash display. I live on a small island, so most of my miles are at a slow speed. When the Soot level reaches 80 on the scangauge, a regen starts. I put the transmission in manual so I can keep the RPMs around 2k. This gets the temperature up to help burn off the soot. I drive around until the regen is finished. The process takes about 15 minutes
Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
While I have not seen the regen on my 2020 wrangler, it is VERY common for the 2016 diesel GC. Ever since the so called upgrade for the emissions control I am seeing the regen weekly and sometimes daily. I drive 50 miles one way on the freeway and the regen almost always starts at the top of a mountain road where it's impossible to "drive at freeway speeds" eventually I get to the freeway and half hour later the regen is finally finished. All this because of the EPA and California CARB. Major pain.

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
EPA essentially is Carb at this point. Epa has bent over backwards to allow their bs rules so much and so many states have fallen all over themselves to follow their rules.

At this point EPA basically waits for carb to make new rules then just implements them.

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
Along with everything else discussed that will effect the frequency and type of Regen that hasn't really been mentioned is fuel quality, along with frequent fuel filter changes and draining/cleaning the water separator. Two guys I work with have the 3.0 in their trucks, one has no issues, only infrequent passive regens. The other has had emisions related issues since he got it, many dealership visits. Very similar use case as well, same commute distance. Only difference is guy 1 gets top tier diesel exclusively whereas guy 2 even says he buys the cheapest diesel he can find, probably puts junk additives in as well, pushes service intervals as far as possible, etc.
Sponsored