Exhaust options?

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
Hey all, I currently have a little slip on high clearance muffler delete on my Jl and I’m loving the tone it gives the Jeep. Though I am having an issue, on road trips when I’m climbing hills the drone sucks. Anyone have any good recommendations on off-road oriented exhausts that will knock down the drone a bit?
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hey all, I currently have a little slip on high clearance muffler delete on my Jl and I’m loving the tone it gives the Jeep. Though I am having an issue, on road trips when I’m climbing hills the drone sucks. Anyone have any good recommendations on off-road oriented exhausts that will knock down the drone a bit?
Watching as well.

Particularly I'm interested in something close to stock noise level. I had the muffler delete on my last rig with the 6MT for a while, and it was acceptable primarily for knowing when to shift. I just don't know that I'd like it with the 8AT as much.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I like my magnaflow. Search this forum for lots of info. AWE will not work if you plan on lifting. It interferes with the track bar relocation brackets. Well made but louder and will drone ( worst mod I made and sitting in my garage).

OP
OP
Logan-Kn

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
I like my magnaflow. Search this forum for lots of info. AWE will not work if you plan on lifting. It interferes with the track bar relocation brackets. Well made but louder and will drone ( worst mod I made and sitting in my garage).
Does the magna flow tuck up under the bumper? I’m trying to find something that I’m not gonna smack on a rock

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
x2 love the Magnaflow!

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
The only thing that ended up making me happy was some customization. Did a muffler delete, then had the factory resonator replaced.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Stock exhaust?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Logan-Kn

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
You can't have both muffler delete no drone.

Stock exhaust?
The young folk like a lot of noise. I was almost drawn and quartered in another thread when I suggested to get a quiet exhaust installed at a muffler shop.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Loud pipes save lives...oh, wait, loud pipes close trails. I'm being facetious, but in all reality I realize it's different strokes for different folks. For me, I open the windows, drop the top and listen to everything, including the sound of my tires rolling over the dirt and gravel, or the scream of the red tailed hawk. Now, I listen for wolves. Exhaust that is any louder than stock has no place when and where I wheel...but as they say, "Toblerone".

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Does this cut down on the drone at all? I’m happy with the volume with the muffler delete with the stock res, but the drone on hills is what I’m trying to get rid of
Yeah, I first tried a Flowmaster Outlaw that would make your ears bleed at highway speeds. No drone with this one.

OP
OP
Logan-Kn

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
Loud pipes save lives...oh, wait, loud pipes close trails. I'm being facetious, but in all reality I realize it's different strokes for different folks. For me, I open the windows, drop the top and listen to everything, including the sound of my tires rolling over the dirt and gravel, or the scream of the red tailed hawk. Now, I listen for wolves. Exhaust that is any louder than stock has no place when and where I wheel...but as they say, "Toblerone".
Definitely, not trying to make my jeep some race car on the trails, I’ve been on a few with the exhaust now, and it just enough that you can hear me when I’m climbing stuff. I like having a some noise because it allows me to hear what’s going on with the engine without having to look down. Obviously I’m not sending it on the trail so noise isn’t much of a problem.
Sponsored