Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the delayed response

How’s the tailgate holding up? I just got some 37s and was wondering if the teraflex mount is enough. I hope it is as it’s much more affordable than other options
The teraflex mount pulls the tire in close to the tailgate and allows the tire to sit flush against the rubber stops on the tailgate. It has held up great to the relatively lightweight wheel/tire combo
HOW DID YOU GET THE THREAD PAGE PHOTO?
I have no clue, must have been done by moderators.
Any issues with installing the RC spacer lift ?
No issues at all, my wife really enjoy daily driving it with this kit as it rides essentially like stock. Still waiting on 4XE specific spring kits to become available that are not Mopar.

Update to the build:
I decided to order a new set of tires to replace the KO2's. The 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T while 8lb heavier per tire measure 1.5" taller off the vehicle than the KO2's. I'm considering swapping to Black Rhino wheels, so it may be a little while before I get them mounted.
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build IMG_2143

37" KO2 in front, 37" Baja Boss AT behind
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build IMG_2092

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Changed to some Black Rhino Ouray Beadlocks and 37” Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT tires. I initially wanted to coat the centers blue to match all the accents but loved the polished look off the vehicle. Now that they are on I’m regretting my decision a bit….
6018A6A7-FAE4-4DB1-85AE-BCF7B8634F66.jpeg
A5C36491-9F18-4EB9-B661-B4AC5AE8BB6E.jpeg
4BE00F80-E138-4CC8-B6A0-BCBFAC532C61.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Life has been a bit hectic and haven't had a chance to update the build thread.

Since the last update we have installed a Quake Fender chop kit and Road Armor Fender liners. We were planning a trip to Moab shortly after EJS so we ordered a Metalcloak 2.5" Gamechanger suspension kit as well as some 38" Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS, 17" Method Beadlocks, and RPM steering with WTO Hydro assist(the steering components we just got back from coating so haven't had a chance to install.)

Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build DSCF1649

Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build 20220518_112942
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build 20220518_181121
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build DSCF2193
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build DSCF2199
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build IMG_20220519_205331_586

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
What are your thoughts on the Baja Boss A/Ts after having them for a while? I'm thinking of swapping to those for my next set over the Ridge Grapplers.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
What are your thoughts on the Baja Boss A/Ts after having them for a while? I'm thinking of swapping to those for my next set over the Ridge Grapplers.
Love the Baja Boss AT's. So much better than the 37" KO2s we had prior. Near silent, fairly true to size(unlike the KO2 which were closer to a 35) and track great on the highway. We swap back/fourth between those and the Pro XS depending on how much the Jeep will be driven. The Pro XS are the polar opposite of the AT but look so damn cool lol. Great for a Bias tire but terrible compared to any radial.

Sponsored

Turbo0321

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR 4xe
Resurrecting the thread! I realize you sold the jeep but this is such an awesome build. Planning on using some of the same mods on my 2024 4XE.
What I’m really curious about is how you liked the metalcloak game changer lift? How was the on road ride? Does it work pretty well off-road? I’m torn being going full on EVO Coilovers or going the tradition Coil Spring and shock route and was leaning toward the MC game changer

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Resurrecting the thread! I realize you sold the jeep but this is such an awesome build. Planning on using some of the same mods on my 2024 4XE.
What I’m really curious about is how you liked the metalcloak game changer lift? How was the on road ride? Does it work pretty well off-road? I’m torn being going full on EVO Coilovers or going the tradition Coil Spring and shock route and was leaning toward the MC game changer
We love the MC Game Changer and still run the kit on one of our Diesels at the shop. That Jeep is built almost identical to our old 4XE and they are currently in Moab for a full week playing on the trails. I love tinkering so Coilovers will likely always be on my personal Jeeps but for a set it and forget it kit the MC Gamechanger is great. On road ride quality is great, and suspension travel with even their base rocksport shocks is fantastic.

If you like playing with spring rates/heights, shock settings etc then go Coilovers with a long arm kit. If you want a great kit out of the box that you rarely have to mess with MC is the way I would go(And did on my wife’s 4XE, and the Diesel clone that belongs to my partners fiancé.)

I don’t have any cool wheeling photos from their trip as it’s just the two of them, but knowing my partner they have done most of the popular trails in Moab.
IMG_2250.jpeg
IMG_2315.jpeg
IMG_2287.jpeg

Turbo0321

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR 4xe
Awesome glad to hear it! The jeep is my daily but it’s not going to be a pavement princess by any means. The Game changer will be quite a bit less expensive then the EVO set up. (I was quoted $12.3k for the kit installed with an Adams from drive shaft at 19 hours of labor).
Set it and forget it sounds better to me, I was hesitant due to the gold color coating but after seeing you powder coated the components on your wife’s build, I would do the same.
Did you have to strip the coating they apply or were you able to get the components raw finish from MC?

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome glad to hear it! The jeep is my daily but it’s not going to be a pavement princess by any means. The Game changer will be quite a bit less expensive then the EVO set up. (I was quoted $12.3k for the kit installed with an Adams from drive shaft at 19 hours of labor).
Set it and forget it sounds better to me, I was hesitant due to the gold color coating but after seeing you powder coated the components on your wife’s build, I would do the same.
Did you have to strip the coating they apply or were you able to get the components raw finish from MC?
We removed the bushings(which is easy to do with their arms) and the sent them off to powdercoat as is. I’m not sure what process they used to remove the zinc coating but they do it for us frequently and have never mentioned it being an issue or charged us extra over sending parts raw. On the Sting Gray diesel we had them coated a translucent red.
47436.jpeg

IMO Coilovers are great if you are the one installing them and willing to make changes or don’t mind paying someone to set them up properly. I’ve never been 100% happy with how they are set up out of the box and always end up changing springs and in some cases revalving the shocks.

Turbo0321

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR 4xe
Yeah I think I’m leaning towards the game changer now. But now I’m stuck between the 2.5” and 3.5” planning on running 37s as well.
If I had a lift I would do the install of the lift myself but the bolt on EVO kit seems a little more complicated seeing as I’d have to attach new shock brackets further back on the frame. Not sure I’d want to do that sort of thing my first time
Did you have replace the front drive shaft on the 4xe after the lift? Articulation looks great in the photos with the fork lift.
Sponsored