Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Current Progress:

29D33B6C-483C-49B9-956A-D1F98E2C3A4C.jpeg

We picked up a 4XE for my wife @TankGirl on 4/22/2021.
She has had a few Wranglers, but when she found out the plug in hybrid would become available she had to have it.
She loves the idea of saving the planet, and is also a Vegan which is where the name "EVE" comes in(Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator robot from the movie Wall-E)
Driving the 4XE is a very interesting and new Jeep experience. Leaving the dealer with the start button essentially doing noting(in my mind) was a little odd and embarrassing as I'm used to hearing a vehicle start. Getting on the freeway the first time we were both impressed with the power output in hybrid mode. When we finally made it home my neighbor nearly jumped in front of us because he couldn't hear us coming.
I charged the battery overnight and wanted to see if I could make it to/from the shop on a single battery charge in full electric mode. Surprisingly I made it both ways but depleted the battery from 98% to 0% (28 miles both ways). She rarely drives more than 10 miles for her daily commute, so she will rarely run the 2.0t

The day we picked EVE up.
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build IMG_0720
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build IMG_0723

The day after I modified and installed a bulletproof phone mount, and installed a quadratec maglite mount.
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build IMG_0746

We have a set of 37" BFGoodrich K02's coming Tuesday, just deciding on the Wheels/lift etc.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Jeep! Waiting on mine to be built!

I'm not sure anyone has a 4xe lift out just yet to handle the weight distribution correctly.
congrats, the wait was worth it!

We ordered a 2.5” Rough Country spacer lift for now. We were thinking of going with a Metalcloak with with a small leveling spacer in the rear if needed. We’ve installed a few of their gas kits on diesels and they ride fantastic with the extra weight(better than the 3.6l or 2.0t)
Whatever we decide the RC kit will allow us to mount the bigger wheels/tires while we wait or make a decision.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Wife went to Whole Foods today and decided to charge while she was shopping. There must have been 4 people watching wondering what she was doing parking a Jeep in an EV spot. I can’t wait until someone tries to give her hell for it and then she plugs it in.
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build AE6575D0-3C34-46CA-8B40-4A7AC5D6886C

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
She has had a few Wranglers, but when she found out the plug in hybrid would become available she had to have it.
She loves the idea of saving the planet, and is also a Vegan which is where the name "EVE" comes in(Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator robot from the movie Wall-E)
Driving the 4XE is a very interesting and new Jeep experience. Leaving the dealer with the start button essentially doing noting(in my mind) was a little odd and embarrassing as I'm used to hearing a vehicle start. Getting on the freeway the first time we were both impressed with the power output in hybrid mode. When we finally made it home my neighbor nearly jumped in front of us because he couldn't hear us coming.
I charged the battery overnight and wanted to see if I could make it to/from the shop on a single battery charge in full electric mode. Surprisingly I made it both ways but depleted the battery from 98% to 0% (28 miles both ways). She rarely drives more than 10 miles for her daily commute, so she will rarely run the 2.0t

The day after I modified and installed a bulletproof phone mount, and installed a quadratec maglite mount.

We have a set of 37" BFGoodrich K02's coming Tuesday, just deciding on the Wheels/lift etc.
Personally think the Billet Silver is the best color for the 4XE. Can’t wait to see continued mods :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a set of 17” Weld wheels, 37” KO2’s, and a rough country 2.5” lift(temporary until we decide on a full setup).
Bumpers and winch should go on tomorrow or Friday
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build 48DC8F5E-D12F-4816-9B74-21F3A1C583E7

Sahara4xe

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
Looks so good! just installed the bumpers and winch on my 4xe, waiting on the level kit and tires now. how does it drive now?/////

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Looks so good! just installed the bumpers and winch on my 4xe, waiting on the level kit and tires now. how does it drive now?/////
Thanks!
It drives pretty much the same. Last night I had an extreme head wind and used 60% of my battery on my 14 mile commute(it is normally 50% all electric in stock form). I didn’t really realize the wind until I drove to work this morning and used the same 50% I normally do. I spoke to the guys at the shop who all have modified Jeeps and every one of them mentioned the heavy winds yesterday on their drive home.

Sponsored

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Installed a set of 17” Weld wheels, 37” KO2’s, and a rough country 2.5” lift(temporary until we decide on a full setup).
Bumpers and winch should go on tomorrow or Friday
48DC8F5E-D12F-4816-9B74-21F3A1C583E7.jpeg
very interested to hear the change on electric range with this setup once the weight of bumpers & winch added... thinking of something similar, but hoping to still get 16-17ish miles of electric range out of her so I don't have to use any gas during my weekday commute.

Also, are those the new C load rated 37" KO2s, or the D rated?

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe

i have BILLET SILVER Rubicon on order. Your photos show how good the blue highlights look with Billet silver. Cant wait for mine to arrive.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
very interested to hear the change on electric range with this setup once the weight of bumpers & winch added... thinking of something similar, but hoping to still get 16-17ish miles of electric range out of her so I don't have to use any gas during my weekday commute.

Also, are those the new C load rated 37" KO2s, or the D rated?
The KO2's we have are D rated.
I installed a aluminum Rival4x4 front bumper today with a Warn VR-EVO 10s, and took the blue flatlink off my JT(that color is on backorder. ) It's still fairly heavy with the steel winch plate, but lighter than a full steel bumper. I will be installing the rear tomorrow if I have the time and mounting the spare with a Teraflex Alpha mounting kit.
I'm about to head home, I can report on EV range tomorrow morning.
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build warn
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build IMG_0833

Next to our EcoDiesel
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build IMG_0827

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Rival4x4 Aluminum stubby rear bumper, and a Teraflex Alpha tire relocation kit. The included hitch was nice as my wife doesn't plan on towing but would love to occasionally mount a bike rack.
We need to relocated the 4xE badge to the other side or on the tailgate. I'll deal with that once my permanent plates arrive.
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build image1
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build image2

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
With all the stimmy checks it's hard to find a bumper not on back
Jeep Wrangler JL EVE:  4XE Build 20210507_065629
order so I made my own to mount a winch for a trip out West in less than a month.
Sponsored