First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
While I agree that it sort of sucks not to have the halo lights, I would not agree that the EU wranglers sucks.
Ultimately, I don't drive in front of my Jeep... ever, so I never see the lights. Thus, I don't really gives a pigs fart what other people get to see.
What impacts me and does suck is the complete and total shit tires that they install. The KM2 rather than the KO2 like they get in NA. So, I needed to spend another 1200 bucks on new tires right out of the show room, as the KM2s are completely unsuited to driving on wet German roads for people that value their lives.
And of course, the font bumper is utterly ridiculous looking. I would say it is in the top 5 for worst designed bumpers in the history of the automobile.
I do appreciate the 4-auto though. I think that is a great option to have along with the Rocktrac transfer case.
And the lack of remote start is annoying. Though, that I think has never been allowed here.
We also missed the first year of ACC and auto emergency braking. Though... seeing that HUGE box on the tiny window, I may have skipped it anyhow.
Agree. My KM2's came off at 800 miles for a set of K02's after some pretty scary experiences in the wet. In hindsight I wish I'd insisted the dealer changed them out before I took delivery as there's no sense in having mud tyres on a daily driver :facepalm:

Unless you're a farmer :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
Agree. My KM2's came off at 800 miles for a set of K02's after some pretty scary experiences in the wet. In hindsight I wish I'd insisted the dealer changed them out before I took delivery as there's no sense in having mud tyres on a daily driver :facepalm:

Unless you're a farmer :)
I have them on still, they are fine except one time I took a corner a little too fast and i felt it start to lose grip :whew:, we wont have any rain till october, how bad is it in the wet ?

OP
OP
GeeBee

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I have them on still, they are fine except one time I took a corner a little too fast and i felt it start to lose grip :whew:, we wont have any rain till october, how bad is it in the wet ?
Only a problem if you want to keep up with the rest of other road traffic AND make it all the way around corners :LOL:

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
how bad is it in the wet
Shockingly bad. Easily the worst tires I have ever driven in the wet on any car I have ever owned. You won't die as long as you drive corners extremely slow. Though, even at least than half the recommended speed limit and WAY slower than all the other cars, I lost grip on all 4 wheels on an autobahn exchange and headed towards the side. Almost needed new leather on my seat after that one.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Anyone else have any issue with the rear seat sensors?
If I have a maxi-cosi connected to the ISOFIX the seatbelt alarms bings like hell.
Also, if I fold the seats down and have cargo in there, all three seat belt alarms bing driving down the road. Very annoying.
As such, I have since disconnected both plugs for the sensors.
Sponsored