Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Only a VERY small percentage of the 6MT have that problem mine has ran like a champ from day one 15,700 miles later I still look forward to driving it. Scotty probably wants everybody to drive a crappy modern Range Rover happy Jeeping:jk:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
As far as our beloved Jeeps the only thing I agree is that the clutch HAS been around for a hundred years and they should have them figured out by now.
What i don't understand is why he kept bringing up the Jeep transmission. In one breath he's complaining about the clutch (which he's right) but as far as i've been reading most manual Jeep fans love this transmission and aren't having trouble with them.

Sponsored

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
As far as our beloved Jeeps the only thing I agree is that the clutch HAS been around for a hundred years and they should have them figured out by now.
What i don't understand is why he kept bringing up the Jeep transmission. In one breath he's complaining about the clutch (which he's right) but as far as i've been reading most manual Jeep fans love this transmission and aren't having trouble with them.
The clutch is a bit different but once I got used to it I love it in stop and go traffic.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Who is Scotty? Who cares? What is your opinion? Aren't you the one who tried to stir stuff up by sharing the 5th Gear video/opinion? Any opinions of your own, or do you just share videos without offering your own opinion, looking for reaction?

HamiltonGuy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
Seriously, just let this thread with his name in it end.

It just caters to what he wants,...he's a master of click bait....his name popping up on this forum again and again....don't fall for it.

Next topic please!!...lol

LizardBoy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2019 2.0L
Scotty, like all of us has his good days and his bad days. Alas.

Speaking of Youtube videos, I strongly recommend the one created by the last poster. It is called Cheeper JeeperTV

I'm new here, so I hope I haven't broken any rules by making this recommendation.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
In defense of Covfefe, 1/2 the video is about Wranglers and Gladiators so technically it’s not really click bait. Also that Scotty dude is right questioning the clutches.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Bad clutch plates have been a staple of the manual transmission in Wranglers since the YJ and TJ. Jeep used the NSG370 for almost 15 years and it was never a good transmission to begin with. The Aisin unit was certainly a welcome change for the JL, but nobody should be surprised FCA paired it with a nice heaping pile of shitty engagement parts.

Whether you love or hate Scotty, he isn't wrong.

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Wow, that guy acts like he’s high on coke... My 2018 Sahara 8 speed automatic trans destroyed itself at 13k miles. It’s been at the dealer over a month now waiting on a new trans. Fortunately, it is covered by warranty, and they didn’t even try to claim abuse, or misuse. I babied it, no towing, no off road, I didn’t even drive it when there was salt on the roads.. I really love my Jeep, but I also need something I can trust.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
The Wrangler sucks because the higher ups at FCA continue to throw out shitty products and a lack of QC. . The Wrangler is an icon and its.a shame the reliability ratings continue to be at the bottom for it and all FCA products in general. It’s their bread and butter and should be high up there.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.