Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yes of course... I should have known better...

horse-of-a-different-color.jpg
lol.

I do like the ESS with the ETorque motors a lot better than without. None of them were available when I bought my Jeep though.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Heater kicks off when ESS kicks in. Blows nice cold air in the winter :giggle:
I didn't think the ESS would activate in Extreme cold situations. It hardly did for me this winter and we were nowhere near as cold as what y'all got. :movember:

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I try not to overthink it.... I just hit the bypass if I'm in stop & go traffic. Otherwise let it do it's thing.
This is the best answer on the ESS situation. I turn it off if I am in stop and go traffic. Otherwise, as RichD said, "let it do it's thing..."

tablerock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017Viper,2012Ram,3Corvettes,2 Street Rods,2019 2Door Wrangler
Just discovered --turning steering wheel a few degrees when stopping will disable ESS.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i hear ya. pros and cons. love it, hate it. etc. either use the ess and forget about it or turn off the ess. at lease i got an idea about the ess.

rahneld on the 2nd post about the 2 batteries. the ess battery is being charge by the alt while driving like the main battery. and speaking of the main battery, they don't last more than 4 years. so when that time comes do you just replace the main battery or both at the same time. or is that mystery question on the ess battery life cycle.

i have noticed that the a/c reduces power and coolness when the ess kicks in. reading that the heat cuts off. i think on the really hot and cold days, i would turn the ess off.

tablerock. adjust you pressure from your foot on the brake pedal and the motor it fire back up without moving at all.

19JLRuby

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
System Engineer
Hitting the ESS button is part of starting the vehicle. Brake, start button, ESS, put it in gear. I'm sure it's designed for the abuse, but I would still worry about my poor starter.
Same daily protocol for me and my Rubi. Worry about over-using my starter and wasting gas every time the ESS kicks in.

JD7

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
I hate this ESS. Here in Houston, things heat up, fast, when it kicks in. If I knew of a good delete kit, I would do it. I see future big headaches because of this system. No, I'm not interested in a Plug-in that turns it off. I want it permanently gone gone gone.
Theres a button on the middle dash where you can turn it on/off. It's right under all the climate control knobs. I've turned mine off several times when. I know I'm just in stop and go traffic. It drives me Crazy Lol

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Love the ESS on my 6-speed. Engage the clutch and the engine is ready by the time I’m in gear.
The ESS also disengages automatically for climate reasons and that AC kicks in full blast. Although I totally get not wanting AC to shut off in Houston when it’s 108 degrees with no summer breeze. Been there, wouldn’t want that.

Sponsored

Tejas

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JULRD
manual. its already 85 when i'm on the way to the office.

PabloP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I am in Phoenix. The reduced air conditioning flow when ESS is on is not good with high heat here. Also, I installed a ham radio powered directly to the battery. When ESS turns on, it kills the battery power to my ham radio. Don’t like the ESS. It is annoying.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a new 2019 Sahara on 6/8/19. I plan to hit that ess off button every time I drive. Everyone talks about the starter wearing down. How about that hot oil going back down to the oil pan and your engine having to pump it back up to the top of the engine a hundred times a day. I plan to keep my car 15 years or so. It will be interesting to compare the engine wear of the pro and con people of ess in 15 years.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
If ESS would have activated while on my test drive I probably wouldnt have bought the thing. I bought a 300+ dollar tazor to rid myself of this pox but it still activates on occasion. URGH!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a new 2019 Sahara on 6/8/19. I plan to hit that ess off button every time I drive. Everyone talks about the starter wearing down. How about that hot oil going back down to the oil pan and your engine having to pump it back up to the top of the engine a hundred times a day. I plan to keep my car 15 years or so. It will be interesting to compare the engine wear of the pro and con people of ess in 15 years.
Give it a chance. It works pretty well and given where you live the ESS would be in its element.
Sponsored