Error codes - Tazer related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
^^noted. I have. 4XE myself for the purposes of Tazer compatibility yet I probably didn’t convey the importance of the whole procedure to the tech writer. I’ll get that cleared up. Thank you for the tip :)
@joe@zauto
@all Tazer JL Users

JL/JT owner's that benefit from and enjoy the Tazer JL Lite, Mini and other ZAutomotive products are fortunate enough to have the companies owner and fellow JL owner, so into his product offerings...

Joe Z, is so on a mission to squeeze out all he can from the JL/JT for all owner's to enjoy and also on a mission to provide a terrific product to others...

To boot, ZAutomotive is a long time Sponsor of this forum..

I know all here appreciate Joe and ZAutomotive. So, from all....... Thanks Joe!
Jeep Wrangler JL Error codes - Tazer related? Capture- Back
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
^^noted. I have. 4XE myself for the purposes of Tazer compatibility yet I probably didn’t convey the importance of the whole procedure to the tech writer. I’ll get that cleared up. Thank you for the tip :)
Cool, and thanks for the support from yourself and the team as we figured this one out together 👍

footose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I just upgraded my tazer mini to the latest version. I have a 19 JL 2 door, manual and some weird stuff happens immediately after the "upgrade"

Now when I press the brake and hold it for a few seconds all the way to the floor, the ABS and Handbrake lights flash. The brake seems to "release".

The error code mentioned above is what I get.

I take the tazer out and the issue goes away.

I don't know what's up, but very annoying

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I just upgraded my tazer mini to the latest version. I have a 19 JL 2 door, manual and some weird stuff happens immediately after the "upgrade"

Now when I press the brake and hold it for a few seconds all the way to the floor, the ABS and Handbrake lights flash. The brake seems to "release".

The error code mentioned above is what I get.

I take the tazer out and the issue goes away.

I don't know what's up, but very annoying
Turn off Brake Hold under live features.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thank you kind stranger.

Kinda strange it's enabled by default after am upgrade? Or maybe I switched it on ? I'm not even sure what it does . But that fixed it so thx!
Probably nothing that you did. I’ve found that some settings are enabled after an update. Glad it was as simple as that.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
hey Z Automotive i just ordered the JL Tazer for my Willys EcoDiesel i used it on my Gladiator & Rebel with perfect results . the Diesel can get oil temps hot while towing up grades can i run the cooling fan on the fly to help cool down before going up grade. ? thanks

Canada

First Name
Canada
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It's a convenience sort of feature--you stop at a light, press and hold the brake firmly for a couple of seconds, and it engages your brakes so you don't have to hold your foot on the pedal. They disengage as soon as you step on the gas. I love it!

Thank you kind stranger.

Kinda strange it's enabled by default after am upgrade? Or maybe I switched it on ? I'm not even sure what it does . But that fixed it so thx!

WyoRacer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2019 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Military
Ooh, I had the ABS and Brake error lights come on several times this last week. I didn’t know it was a ‘Tazer’ thing. The dealer was worried enough that they wanted me to leave it with them. Glad I didn’t. I’m going to look into this issue and see if the disable ‘not sure what it’s called’ feature fixes it.

Sponsored

WyoRacer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2019 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Military
Brake hold. Yeah a feature that, if you don’t know it exists, seems like a problem. That’s why I had to make it “off” by default on newer firmware versions.
Hmm, I have the latest firmware installed and it was enabled. Thanks for the great product Joe.

Colonel

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 2.0L, 2004 Rubicon
Same here. 392 Rubicon. I thought I had a real issue. :facepalm: It was on by default with the latest firmware downloaded just yesterday. It's now turned off. I love the product though. I have a Mini on my 2.0L Rubi as well.:like:

The ONE THING I wish it could do is give my full control over the "performance exhaust" valves. I would rather than when "performance exhaust" mode is turned off that the valves could remain closed all the time instead of opening above 3000 RMP under anything more than moderately heavy throttle. I want it simply open or closed....not opening and closing on its own. Surely someone else wants this??? It's the one thing I hate about this Jeep other than the fuel range! :giggle:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.