Sponsored

Engine studder and thottle lag anyone else having this issue

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I am going to purchase a pedal commander with hopes it helps this issue. If it does not, I can’t see myself keeping the vehicle. It drives me crazy.
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I am going to purchase a pedal commander with hopes it helps this issue. If it does not, I can’t see myself keeping the vehicle. It drives me crazy.
I don’t know where you are. I couldn’t tell from your info. So you are on your own. But this kind of issues, I believe this community could really help each other. I say I have 0 issues with my Jeep. If your dealer says something that annoys you is normal “Jeep thing” you should drive on of ours that see no issue to really determine if it indeed is a “Jeep thing”.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
The throttle response in these are awful.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know where you are. I couldn’t tell from your info. So you are on your own. But this kind of issues, I believe this community could really help each other. I say I have 0 issues with my Jeep. If your dealer says something that annoys you is normal “Jeep thing” you should drive on of ours that see no issue to really determine if it indeed is a “Jeep thing”.
My description of what I am experiencing with the bad oem tune mirrors that of many others on this site. There is nothing a dealer can do until FCA writes a new tune (mark my words) for the 2020 model.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
How’s mine different?

Sponsored

Hau82

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon unlimited
My PC arrived a couple of days ago, go it installed and WOW what a difference, I’m using it in City -2 and the throttle feels the way it should from factory. I know it only changes the throttle input but the ECU keeps relearning our driving habits and the PC will definitely make the ECU learn a pattern for a more responsive throttle and shift points. Definitely recommended!!

Last edited:

SeeBass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My PC arrived a couple of days ago, go it installed and WOW what a difference, I’m using it in City -2 and the throttle feels the way it should from factory. I know it only changes the throttle input but the ECU keeps relearning our driving habits and the PC will definitely make the ECU learn a pattern for a more responsive throttle and shift points. Definitely recommended!!
Could you please send a link to the PC you got? Thanks

OP
OP
Justarose

Justarose

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon
We took it to our dealer we originally purchased from. And like always we drove with him and it drove normal no studder. He did hook it up and flash all updates. It did help with the throttle hang but the studder is still there but slightly less. We will keep watching it and see if we can reproduce for the dealer if it happens more often.

SeeBass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We took it to our dealer we originally purchased from. And like always we drove with him and it drove normal no studder. He did hook it up and flash all updates. It did help with the throttle hang but the studder is still there but slightly less. We will keep watching it and see if we can reproduce for the dealer if it happens more often.
Do you know what Flash updates they did? I have to get this throttle hang fixed. It’s killing me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Justarose

Justarose

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon
Do you know what Flash updates they did? I have to get this throttle hang fixed. It’s killing me.
all hes said is I'm am gonna apply all flash's available. We said sure! so he did everything

SnwTpr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hate this to be my first post, but wanted to ask the forum. I am having similar issues to this (6 spd MT) lugging/surging at constant RPM. I brought it in to the dealer, they reflashed everything, and I'm still having the issue. One of the other weird things I have noticed is that if I clutch in at speed, the RPMs hang around 1200 and drop to idle when I stop. They also sometimes drop to idle for a second and then rev back to ~1200 and hang there. This I can see on the tach and also feel in the clutch pedal. Dealer claimed they didn't see anything wrong. Thoughts?

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate this to be my first post, but wanted to ask the forum. I am having similar issues to this (6 spd MT) lugging/surging at constant RPM. I brought it in to the dealer, they reflashed everything, and I'm still having the issue. One of the other weird things I have noticed is that if I clutch in at speed, the RPMs hang around 1200 and drop to idle when I stop. They also sometimes drop to idle for a second and then rev back to ~1200 and hang there. This I can see on the tach and also feel in the clutch pedal. Dealer claimed they didn't see anything wrong. Thoughts?
Oem tune my man, oem tune (I say this while I shake my head.)

It’s frustrating, I know. Not even sure why they messed with anything from the JK tune.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Mine behaves similarly. If I push the clutch in and slip it into neutral, the RPM will spike when I let the clutch out even though I'm not touching the accelerator. Constant low RPM in 1st gear also bucks. It's OK if you're completely off the accelerator or accelerating, but not at constant speed below 2000 RPM.

I agree, the OEM tune is bad. I'm hoping an update will come out. If not, I'll go aftermarket when available.

Last edited:

SnwTpr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Went back to the dealer today and was told that yup, this is normal. Manager said I was "lugging" the transmission, even in 3rd at 2k RPM (Concerning that it's lugging at that RPM). As you guys have said, very frustrating and I hope Jeep comes out with a different tune to fix this.
Sponsored