First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates?
Plugging in the plugs and removing the gateway bypass didn’t seem to change anything. I haven’t put it back to stock yet to test that out but plan to when I get back in town in a week or so.
Sponsored

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Plugging in the plugs and removing the gateway bypass didn’t seem to change anything. I haven’t put it back to stock yet to test that out but plan to when I get back in town in a week or so.
Okay thank you for letting us know. :)

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
I have had the pedal commander installed for about 30 miles and what surprised me was that setting it to be LESS responsive (Eco Mode) significantly smoothed out the stutter and also made engaging the clutch much easier. So, for now I’m keeping it on that setting.

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Ok just got back from the dealership. They plugged my 2019 Rubicon into their computer and no updates. Everything is good. So I test drove another 2019 JL they had on the lot and 3rd gear felt shaky around 45 mph too. So it’s not just my manual doing it. Oh well maybe they’ll have an update in the future.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
Ok just got back from the dealership. They plugged my 2019 Rubicon into their computer and no updates. Everything is good. So I test drove another 2019 JL they had on the lot and 3rd gear felt shaky around 45 mph too. So it’s not just my manual doing it. Oh well maybe they’ll have an update in the future.
Yeah, like I said, this is an overall manual issue. Come on FCA, get your stuff together!

Sponsored

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, like I said, this is an overall manual issue. Come on FCA, get your stuff together!
Yes please we need a tune! Or at least unlock the pcm so the after markets can develop one.

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
Yes please we need a tune! Or at least unlock the pcm so the after markets can develop one.
Superchips does have a tune apparently. Not sure if anyone has tried it. Can @Superchips JL chime in if they know anything about this issue and whether their tune(s) resolve the issue?

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Brand new 2019 JLUR Auto and when it is Hot outside, a/c full up cruising at 60mph it blips, cuts out, hangs or whatever you want to call it every 15 seconds. I re-seated all fuses and relays and still the issue remains. Must be a ESS or torque convertor of and on issue.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have had the pedal commander installed for about 30 miles and what surprised me was that setting it to be LESS responsive (Eco Mode) significantly smoothed out the stutter and also made engaging the clutch much easier. So, for now I’m keeping it on that setting.
this has been my fix as well.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
More people need to try this. I wish I was more scientific about verifying this worked for me. But my commute this morning was 95% better this morning, however, maybe the Jeep was just in a good mood.

I followed your procedure, but I held the pedal down for 20 seconds. Probably could have gone less, there was some kind of chime a few seconds after pedal to the floor.

I can now cruise around parking lots at 1-1.5k rpms without working the clutch! My issue really did seem like 0-10% throttle was on/off. Now 0-2% is on/off, I might try progressively slower and progressively faster releases to see if I can reach perfection.

Sponsored

Johnbuz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Tribeca
More people need to try this. I wish I was more scientific about verifying this worked for me. But my commute this morning was 95% better this morning, however, maybe the Jeep was just in a good mood.

I followed your procedure, but I held the pedal down for 20 seconds. Probably could have gone less, there was some kind of chime a few seconds after pedal to the floor.

I can now cruise around parking lots at 1-1.5k rpms without working the clutch! My issue really did seem like 0-10% throttle was on/off. Now 0-2% is on/off, I might try progressively slower and progressively faster releases to see if I can reach perfection.
I just did it. The 5 min test drive looks promising. More time testing will tell. The 1st to 2nd shift on a steep hill did not cause any pinging.

Johnbuz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Tribeca
I just did it. The 5 min test drive looks promising. More time testing will tell. The 1st to 2nd shift on a steep hill did not cause any pinging.
The pre-detonation is back. Well I guess it never left. I hear it on most of the upshifts for a short period.

9SecVmax

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
The 3.6L in the Wrangler suffers from SEVERE Torque Management. It seems the manufacturer chokes this motor deliberately. My daughter has the 3.6 in her Avenger. I can ROAST the front tires. I drove a Grand Caravan with the 3.6. Every stop light was a burn out. Damn rental car.

But in the Wrangler JL, I can floor it in any gear (6spd Man) and the response is DISGUSTING. I can floor it, let off, floor it, let off, floor it and the throttle tone DOES NOT CHANGE. Pedal command is completely ignored by the PCM. From what I can see, it's not ETV tables. It's a request for a percentage of power. There are SO many parameters that are set to manage this request. True position no longer applies.

Pedal commander type products don't work. They are a farce. I total lie. A con. Making the position voltage more aggressive does NOT open the throttle any more. The PCM will STILL CONTROL/LIMIT throttle opening (Absolute Throttle). PERIOD. Throttle boosters will make the pedal over sensitive so you keep backing off the sensitivity until you are back to the OEM calibration. I bought one just to prove my point. It was in my Jeep for 10 minutes. I could not get that POS product out of my car fast enough.

The PCM must have Torque Management reduced. It is set way to severely. The Manufacturer over did it to protect the drive line and enhance reliability. My Jeep IS NOT FUN TO DRIVE. IT is a pig. I get the impression that FCA is telling me how I should drive my vehicle. That I don't know better. I don't know when to let off the throttle when I spin the tires. Hey FCA, That's what makes driving fun. Owners blame the motor and think its just the motor's inability to produce torque. No. The PCM is preventing it from doing so. JUST go drive an Avenger/Challenger with a 3.6. Pretty snappy motor.

Since my brand new Jeep, 750 miles, is sitting at the dealer with the dreaded WANDERING STEERING, I cant do anything with the PCM. Well, I cannot. I'm going to send it to the same guy that did my 2005 Ram SRT-10. Talked on the phone. He is well aware of what the manufacturer does. I think he was one of them. He told me he will/has corrected it all. So, I cant pay him fast enough.

I am PRAYING that the dealer stands behind me with FCA and gets my brand new Jeep fixed. The steering is NOT normal. It is NOT acceptable.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I was just going to ask, would the superchips with the different maps/tunes help solve this issue? Granted that means I’ll have to pay to get those tunes and send in my pcm.....not a fan of that but if it’ll fix this issue....might be worth it.

9SecVmax

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
I
I was just going to ask, would the superchips with the different maps/tunes help solve this issue? Granted that means I’ll have to pay to get those tunes and send in my pcm.....not a fan of that but if it’ll fix this issue....might be worth it.
I called multiple "mainstream" flash companies. They all did the same thing to me. Could not answer or would not answer my direct questions about TM. One said "you have to try it to see whats in it". OMG Seriously? Another kept saying throttle boosting. I kept correcting, "that is NOT TORQUE MANAGEMENT". I had multiple FUTILE conversations with these companies. I had two that REFUSED to even talk with me on the phone. EMAIL ONLY. One of them posts on this forum and tells everyone how great he is. Yeah right. They are all the same. Some really are affiliated with each other. A custom FLASH not a tune needs to be written. TM needs to be reduced drastically. That's the problem with low power with our Wranglers. NOT the motor. I hope people understand that. FCA chokes the shit out of the 3.6 because people install 37" tires weighing 40 lbs more than OEM, That is HUGE increase in rotational weight. Then go mudding WOT and will snap drive shafts, crunch axle gears, overheat auto transmissions, etc. There is a reason to the madness. I get it. HOWEVER, people like me suffer because I have no interest in these types of mods. I'm looking at wheels and tires that are 10lbs total weight less than my OEM 18" Sahara wheels (20" with Toyo AT tires). I have a Rubi suspension waiting in my garage. I want my Jeep quick and fun to drive. Yeah, its not my SRT Challenger, but i will spin it up in the sand when it's all done. After the flash, I will get 3.73's. It will be pretty quick.
Sponsored