Mwags

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JLU Sport S
Update....Next plan is to get an engineer to come out to the dealership.....Gotta give em an A for effort I guess. :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mwags

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I said in my previous reply....It definitely goes through its normal start up cycle,I let everything boot up.
It sputters when I apply normal throttle to back out of driveway onto road....doesn't sputter when I put it into drive and drive away...everything is normal the rest of the day until the following morning..
Nothing shows up on dash when sputtering....obviously mornings haven't been cold since its summer..
EGR , PVC and throttle body have already been ruled out.
Gas has been cycled out several times.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I had a similar problem with another vehicle, turned out to be the fuel pump. The pump itself was working well, but there was a small leak in the return valve. It essentially meant that the fuel line would not keep pressure after the vehicle sat for a long period and the fuel would drain back into the tank. Starting in the morning would crank a few times -- like old carburator days -- and hesitate for the first minute until the fuel pressure stabilized. Since this was from a Ford, not a Jeep, I don't know if it would be similar systems.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
While you may feel like your bothering them, have them check fuel pressure. They need to install a pressure gauge off of the fuel rail and monitor it while the Jeep is acting up.

OP
OP
Mwags

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While you may feel like your bothering them, have them check fuel pressure. They need to install a pressure gauge off of the fuel rail and monitor it while the Jeep is acting up.
No engineer came out but chrysler told them to put on a new accelerator pedal....so they're doing that today.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
No engineer came out but chrysler told them to put on a new accelerator pedal....so they're doing that today.
this is the problem with warranty work. They have no reason to believe a component has failed, they just throw parts at it.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Bump.

Did you ever get this issue fixed? Was it the fuel pump or something else entirely?
Sponsored