Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Occupation
Real Estate Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, let me see if I can explain what I am experiencing...hang with me:

Each morning I jump in the Jeep for the first time that day, I start it up, and back out of the driveway and when I start driving down the street, I feel and hear what I can best describe as either an uneven tire or uneven axle. Like if you were to put a small towel on a fan blade in your living room, it would sound different when it past your ear than all other blades. But then a few miles down the road, it completely goes away. I can't repeat this for the rest of the day, but then the next morning I experience the exact same thing.

I'm running 38x13.50x17 Milestar Pats on a 3.5" GameChanger RockSport lift, everything else is stock. Some days I freak out that I've already bent axles (600 miles with new lift and tires) and others I just chalk it up to cold tires or maybe one out of balance. Zero vibration on the street or up to 70 mph on the highway. Anyone experienced this or can offer any thoughts on what this may be or how I would diagnose such a feeling/sound? Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Ok, let me see if I can explain what I am experiencing...hang with me:

Each morning I jump in the Jeep for the first time that day, I start it up, and back out of the driveway and when I start driving down the street, I feel and hear what I can best describe as either an uneven tire or uneven axle. Like if you were to put a small towel on a fan blade in your living room, it would sound different when it past your ear than all other blades. But then a few miles down the road, it completely goes away. I can't repeat this for the rest of the day, but then the next morning I experience the exact same thing.

I'm running 38x13.50x17 Milestar Pats on a 3.5" GameChanger RockSport lift, everything else is stock. Some days I freak out that I've already bent axles (600 miles with new lift and tires) and others I just chalk it up to cold tires or maybe one out of balance. Zero vibration on the street or up to 70 mph on the highway. Anyone experienced this or can offer any thoughts on what this may be or how I would diagnose such a feeling/sound? Thanks everyone!
Softer tires sometimes gets flat spots if it sits for a while especially if they are in the low psi range. Once you drive for a while they even out. This is one possibility.

Yeti

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Questions... Is it like a clunking sound? Do you feel it when braking or slowing down? Do you feel it during wet conditions?

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I run 37 x 13.5's, and I experience the flatness issue after the tire sits for the night, or on the occasions I drive it to work, after it has rested stationary for 8-10 hours. I put it in gear, and it doesn't even roll at first...have to goose it to get it going. A bit of a humping motion for the first 100-200 ft of travel. As air pressure comes up from resting temp, it quickly disappears and rolls freely. I see no issues after the first couple hundred feet, and it freely rolls at stop lights, etc.

I attribute to the wide tire and relatively low air pressure, kinda settles a bit at rest over time.

OP
OP
Rocklin_Chris

Rocklin_Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Occupation
Real Estate Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone. Never thought of the fact that the tires, after sitting for a while, develop flat spots and need to balance out for a few miles. I think this is exactly what I am experiencing. Appreciate the insight fellas!
Sponsored