EcoDiesel Muffler Delete

Famof5jeep

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Does anyone know of a bolt on option for this yet? I’ve seen the 3.6 versions online. Looking for clearance but don’t want to ruin the exhaust tone.
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Why don't you just remove it and see what is sounds like? There is a clamp right near the axle. Looks like that back section (that mainly consists of the muffler) would be very easy to remove.

Worry about finding a muffler delete extension, after you decide if you like the sound.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Why don't you just remove it and see what is sounds like? There is a clamp right near the axle. Looks like that back section (that mainly consists of the muffler) would be very easy to remove.

Worry about finding a muffler delete extension, after you decide if you like the sound.
‘Pretty’ sure somebody on here has already done exactly this, hopefully they will chime in-

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘Pretty’ sure somebody on here has already done exactly this, hopefully they will chime in-
Yeah I remember seeing someone do it too. The point I was trying to make to Famof5jeep was that they should just remove it and hear the sound for themselves. Cost = free

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yeah the EcoDiesel has so many emissions components between the turbo and tail pipe it'll be almost no difference whatsoever to remove the little muffler at the end. But, I've been thinking about it too.

USMC0311

First Name
Oslo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU diesel Rubicon
My 3.0L is so quiet I can hardly tell its a diesel. You removed the exhaust from the cat back and it still sounds the same? Will it still pass emissions in the future? Thanks.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought our 3.0L was quiet, but the other day I was driving next to my wife in our 6.7L Ford and the Jeep sounded like the diesel.

Sponsored

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
My 3.0L is so quiet I can hardly tell its a diesel. You removed the exhaust from the cat back and it still sounds the same? Will it still pass emissions in the future? Thanks.
Changes from the rear axle and back will not affect the emissions. A muffler now a days barely does anything on a modern diesel because of all the emissions control devices. Remember back in the day when the exhaust would simply come out through the header, down the collector and pipe, and then through a muffler and out? With lots modern vehicles, resonators have to be added to bring back the sound to the exhaust.
Sponsored