Dual Top Question

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Wait... My order with dual top was delayed because of lack of soft tops, yet you got a soft top although you didn't order one, for free??? WTF Or did I misread what you meant?
you read it correctly, when I went to inspect the jeep, the salesman (despite owning a JK) knew less about the JL then I did, he said they all come with that, its just a bikini top, I knew better and said oooo kkkkk, thank you very much. I checked the window sticker 3 times and it only listed the freedom top for $1095. so it was a freebie....
Sponsored

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Yes on the huge box, thanks to what I read here.

It wasn't that awkward to remove the box. Gravity works in your favor, I did though put it on a wheeled cart to move away from the JLU before unboxing everything.

No. I did not switch the hard top immediately. Neither weather nor my finalization of the gear I will acquire/build to lift that hard top has been completed.

I can't tell you whether to sell the soft top--or did you mean the hard top???? I can tell you factors to consider.

* How much do you need the cash?

* Assuming you are referring to selling the soft top, do want to try the top at least once to see if it's for you?

* The size of the top you sell (hard or soft) is probably limited to the local market given its size.

* Are you selling it to offset the cost of an aftermarket top which will replace its functionality and not result in you missing it?
I was referring to the soft top, thinking that I may never use it and would rather someone else that wants one enjoy it. I just got my Rubicon and summer is on the way, I will probably wait until fall to decide, I've had several convertible cars so I had that experience, I like removing the panels, but not as easy as a soft top.....

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I was referring to the soft top, thinking that I may never use it and would rather someone else that wants one enjoy it. I just got my Rubicon and summer is on the way, I will probably wait until fall to decide, I've had several convertible cars so I had that experience, I like removing the panels, but not as easy as a soft top.....
LMK when you do decide! lol I might even make a road trip out of it.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
you read it correctly, when I went to inspect the jeep, the salesman (despite owning a JK) knew less about the JL then I did, he said they all come with that, its just a bikini top, I knew better and said oooo kkkkk, thank you very much. I checked the window sticker 3 times and it only listed the freedom top for $1095. so it was a freebie....
This is why, despite the cost savings, I prefer buying at dealers like Koons.

They move uber Wranglers and as a result know their product--or should I say Craig Benner does.

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
The box was big. I was surprised the tool kit was in the box. SO was the dealer . They gave me one because no one knew it was in the box. Had the hard top on for two weeks after delivery. Soft top is now on. OMG what a difference from my 2010 JK. The Premium top is awesome. Easy as hell to use and wind noise is very minimal. Fit and finish is great !

Sponsored

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
The box was big. I was surprised the tool kit was in the box. SO was the dealer . They gave me one because no one knew it was in the box. Had the hard top on for two weeks after delivery. Soft top is now on. OMG what a difference from my 2010 JK. The Premium top is awesome. Easy as hell to use and wind noise is very minimal. Fit and finish is great !
How long did your order take from start/finish? I ordered 3/13 with dual tops, and have a feeling this is why I’ve been in JB going on 2 weeks.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
How long did your order take from start/finish? I ordered 3/13 with dual tops, and have a feeling this is why I’ve been in JB going on 2 weeks.
I ordered my dual top on 1-30 and I am stuck in KZ since beginning of March. No end in sight.

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Great topic. I've owned 4 Willys but never a wrangler. I'm close to ordering a JLUR with dual tops, probably end of May. Assuming I will switch tops seasonally I've made a couple observations looking at the many photos on this site. When you remove the complete hard top, the sport bar remains "clean" with no gaskets, brackets, door seals, etc. The sport bar looks great and even better with no doors on. When you do the same with the soft top all the way down, it looks very good with the doors on, not so much with them off. I'd say that the removable panels of the hard top are equally convenient as the soft top folded back just over the front seats. I guess storing the front top panels is a little less effort than storing the soft top windows. Maybe this is why they came up with the power top!? Best of both worlds.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I was about ready to just hit the like button, but that wouldn’t make sense!
LOL that is okay... I am now just rolling with it! Whatever happens will happen- and if it does not show up soon I will probably just pull the plug and wait for 2019... or maybe even the 2020 Bronco.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
Order took 60 days exactly. 5 weeks of that was waiting for the soft top. I will say the new soft top is excellent . No leaks. Quite. No flapping noise. And looks good too!

EOjsZcd8SmaxY9mGbLsOVQ.jpg

wHTxQHw3Q2qTMLx%4bBtSA.jpg

HIMEEbTMS3+W2MQ0o3D3HA.jpg

YdtrmHGxTAeFvvLEQASBkQ.jpg

XHD9bHsuQmSAGKoZpFTydg.jpg

MojitoWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
Occupation
Stock Trader
Order took 60 days exactly. 5 weeks of that was waiting for the soft top. I will say the new soft top is excellent . No leaks. Quite. No flapping noise. And looks good too!

EOjsZcd8SmaxY9mGbLsOVQ.jpg

wHTxQHw3Q2qTMLx%4bBtSA.jpg

HIMEEbTMS3+W2MQ0o3D3HA.jpg

YdtrmHGxTAeFvvLEQASBkQ.jpg

XHD9bHsuQmSAGKoZpFTydg.jpg
Looks great as a soft top with the lift, 35s, and Mopar rims! I too am in Michigan, been waiting forever for mojito and now thinking about dropping the hard top option altogether.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Frank....your pictures remind me.

Listen everyone. I have two entirely empty cardboard boxes to sell you, that came in the enormous soft top box, with nothing more than air in them, and which simply took up deliberate space in the large box in seems.

But these aren't any old boxes. They're "magic" boxes, with Toledo air in them. They are FCA collector's items.

Year's from now you will pay top dollar on ebay for those 2 "vintage" collectors item empty boxes that came in the humongous soft top box.

Any takers?

Hello.............hello?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
for those that ordered the dual tops (hard top and premium soft top).

Did you expect to receive the soft top in that huge box in the rear of the jeep?

How awkward was it for you to remove it from the vehicle and store it somewhere?

Did you switch out the hard top immediately?

My vehicle had a premium soft top included although I only selected the hard top, I'm thinking about selling it, but something tells me to hold on to it for at least a year before I make that decision what do you think?
Maybe it's just me, but who the heck wants a jeep without a soft top?
Sponsored