HFA2265

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Hello All
So, I've had my first ever Jeep for 3 months now. Love it.
I live in New Smyrna Beach Florida
I drive on the beach daily (yes almost daily) and love it
From 27th street entrance to Ponce Inlet, it's approximately 5.5 miles of non stop beach
Soft sand at times, that really shows off the 4x4 capabilities
Takes about 35 minutes @ 10mph driving and looking at the sights, stopping intermittently etc
Was wondering if there were other beaches in the US, that have a longer stretch?
Any suggestions?
20220522_103437.jpg
Live about 20 miles north of you in Ormond Beach. If you want a great experience of 4 wheel drive beach driving head up A1A starting in Flagler Beach and go to A Street in St Augustine Beach. You can get on the beach there and take about a 15 mile ride south down the 4 wheel drive beach. There are no cars and no 2 wheel drive vehicles. If you want to grab lunch before gettIng on the beach, I hIghly recommend Mojos Tacos on Anastasa Blvd n St Augustine Beach......you won't be disappointed with either choice and definitely worth the drive. My wife and I have an annual pass (St John's County).
Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
The Outer Banks of North Carolina has a truck beach past Currituck. There's rental houses available only by 4x4 as well as a wild horse sanctuary in the area. I'm not sure if it's a "longer" trip than what's offered in your area though.
I second this! Iā€™m in jersey and we always go to the outer banks cause itā€™s one of our favorite places to visit, and love the beach driving there šŸ‘

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
If you want to come to RI, we have about 1 mile of beach driving available. But you can't drive on it in the summer, only fall through spring.

justinP_wannaB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 4xe
Don't forget that in addition to the Oregon Dunes, Florence, etc., the PNW also have the "World's Longest Continuous Peninsula Beach" in Long Beach, Washington.

http://www.sevenwondersofwashingtonstate.com/long-beach1.html

That's not considering things like the Alvord Desert, or Christmas Valley Sand Dunes in Oregon or the Great Sand Dunes in Colorado, but these aren't really beaches anyway:)

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Hello All
So, I've had my first ever Jeep for 3 months now. Love it.
I live in New Smyrna Beach Florida
I drive on the beach daily (yes almost daily) and love it
From 27th street entrance to Ponce Inlet, it's approximately 5.5 miles of non stop beach
Soft sand at times, that really shows off the 4x4 capabilities
Takes about 35 minutes @ 10mph driving and looking at the sights, stopping intermittently etc
Was wondering if there were other beaches in the US, that have a longer stretch?
Any suggestions?
20220522_103437.jpg
I don't know about a 'longer' stretch, but you can drive the beaches of Port St Joe and Cape San Blas...with a permit. Local property owners it costs $30, for out of towners it's $300 per year.
Daytona is near you, that's the only other place I've heard of.
Jeep Wrangler JL Driving on the Beach 1653436885919

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
Don't forget that in addition to the Oregon Dunes, Florence, etc., the PNW also have the "World's Longest Continuous Peninsula Beach" in Long Beach, Washington.

http://www.sevenwondersofwashingtonstate.com/long-beach1.html

That's not considering things like the Alvord Desert, or Christmas Valley Sand Dunes in Oregon or the Great Sand Dunes in Colorado, but these aren't really beaches anyway:)
love Christmas valley, where's your avatar taken, fall creek?

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
Any tips for first-timers for beach driving? Love crescent beach but witnessed people getting stuck in the sand there a couple years ago. Canā€™t wait to take my new ride to the beach.

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon Xtreme
The outer banks in North Carolina has a few places. The northern beaches ā€œCorovaā€ north of Corolla, and Duck. The beach is a road to 4x4 access only houses. Wild horses on beach are protected donā€™t feed give 50ā€™ of space. Check about beach pass before going they changed rules recently. Traffic in towns before beach can be bad in season. Beach is great but traffic and crowd too it is too much
For me in season. I prefer the southern beaches from Oregon inlet to Ocracoke is one pass from park service, which can be purchased online. Weekly or yearly. Wicked tuna outer banks is filmed near Oregon inlet. The southern beaches have ocean and sound Jeep ramps. The waves are different in each area. The point in Buxton near the light house is cool but can be busy. There is a trail from there to frisco. We usually hang out in frisco water is calm not too busy. The fishing store has air station. If there in the morning get a apple ugly from orange blossom bakery. Pasty is size of a newborn.

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
If you want to come to RI, we have about 1 mile of beach driving available. But you can't drive on it in the summer, only fall through spring.
Yup. After you jump through hoops and pay the $100 fee for the sand trail pass, you still have to pay the separate beach admission to East Beach. Then they shut down the beach face from April 1st until September and you're limited to the sand trails. And now they've limited it to 30 vehicles, max, on the trails. No camping, fires, or dogs. They love regulations in RI.

Sponsored

ST0NE

First Name
STONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Padre island in Texas. Very remote. I think its around 60 miles long that you can drive on. Look up Big Shell beach.
Yes. South Padre in Texas is true. There's even a part on it where you must have a 4X4 or else you won't make it. Happy trails.

OP
OP
NewbJLUOwner

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Live about 20 miles north of you in Ormond Beach. If you want a great experience of 4 wheel drive beach driving head up A1A starting in Flagler Beach and go to A Street in St Augustine Beach. You can get on the beach there and take about a 15 mile ride south down the 4 wheel drive beach. There are no cars and no 2 wheel drive vehicles. If you want to grab lunch before gettIng on the beach, I hIghly recommend Mojos Tacos on Anastasa Blvd n St Augustine Beach......you won't be disappointed with either choice and definitely worth the drive. My wife and I have an annual pass (St John's County).
Now that' sounds perfect
Thanks so much šŸ‘

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
Another vote for Long Beach, Washington.

"The Long Beach beach, a state park, is 28 miles in length. The sand expanse is densely packed enough to support most vehicles, and in years past, has been promoted as the "World's Longest Drivable Beach." This provided added incentive for tourists, who could drive the length of the beach and go home with something to brag about."

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2974

Jeep Wrangler JL Driving on the Beach 20190316_094625

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for Long Beach, Washington.

"The Long Beach beach, a state park, is 28 miles in length. The sand expanse is densely packed enough to support most vehicles, and in years past, has been promoted as the "World's Longest Drivable Beach." This provided added incentive for tourists, who could drive the length of the beach and go home with something to brag about."

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2974

Jeep Wrangler JL Driving on the Beach 20190316_094625
It says itā€™s the world longest drivable beach but is it? I know Padre Island has 60+ miles of drivable beach. Grew up on those beaches.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
Any tips for first-timers for beach driving? Love crescent beach but witnessed people getting stuck in the sand there a couple years ago. Canā€™t wait to take my new ride to the beach.
air down. carry max trax if nothing else
Sponsored