Doors in the back

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
I personally would love to be able to store my doors in the trunk. I am keep my Jeep completely empty at all time, and there are some situations where this would be extremely useful for me. For example, I visit my grandma one weekend out of the month, and would love to drive to her with my doors off since I do not have anywhere to store them there besides laying on her grass which not an option. I live in an apartment so taking the doors off and bringing them inside is such a hassle, I'd love to be able to throw the fronts in the trunk and go on with my daily life since I'm not utilizing the back for anything else. Different lifestyles different uses, but I can understand in literally any other scenario, yeah it's so unnecessary
Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
2 door Rubi here with backseats removed. I have and can fit 1 door in the trunk area laying flat with no issue. I won't stack another door on that as I do not feel comfortable doing that due to potential damage issues.

I think what Ford did with being able to store the doors is awesome. For me I like to ride to the trails with no doors then slap em back on before I actually start crawling.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I'm currently working away from home, living in a hotel room. I have only taken my doors off once since I've been here. (Too damn hot) And I used the luggage rack thing that the hotel has to bring them up to my room. If I had the opportunity to put them in the back, I still wouldn't do it. The time the doors were off my family was visiting and we went wheeling with the dog and cooler in the back. Taking up all of your storage area is just plain stupid.

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
I'm currently working away from home, living in a hotel room. I have only taken my doors off once since I've been here. (Too damn hot) And I used the luggage rack thing that the hotel has to bring them up to my room. If I had the opportunity to put them in the back, I still wouldn't do it. The time the doors were off my family was visiting and we went wheeling with the dog and cooler in the back. Taking up all of your storage area is just plain stupid.
I wouldn't necessarily say it's stupid. I don't have a family, I don't have a dog. My weekend trips where I need one backpack does not scream the necessity for the space

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I wouldn't necessarily say it's stupid. I don't have a family, I don't have a dog. My weekend trips where I need one backpack does not scream the necessity for the space
I was in your shoes once. But I had a TJ with a soft top and the top was always off and doors usually removed. TJ half doors could also be stored in the back, but they were so lightweight I would take them up the 3 flights of stairs to put them in my room to avoid someone testing how light they were when I wasn't around.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
choose your preference.
Fold down front window or door storage.

Both sound great, both will likely never be used.
In my JT, if I need to haul something REALLY long, I can do it with the windshield down and roof off. If I wanted to that is.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Jeep needs to get half doors to market to counter the Bronco.

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
I like the concept but security is an issue. There’s always a trade off. When I go food shopping with tube doors and am in the store for an hour I cable lock them because anyone can just pull the pin, lift and there goes 500 bucks.
Imagine having your regular doors stolen? Ouch.

63DDBC05-D74A-4808-B5C6-F13532D26E20.jpeg
What brand of seat covers are those? I need a set with some green in them

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Hard top and doors off is typically a decision that should be made before you hit the trail, not when you get there.

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
I like the concept but security is an issue. There’s always a trade off. When I go food shopping with tube doors and am in the store for an hour I cable lock them because anyone can just pull the pin, lift and there goes 500 bucks.
Imagine having your regular doors stolen? Ouch.

63DDBC05-D74A-4808-B5C6-F13532D26E20.jpeg

Check these out. They are on the short list, i have no experience with them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Doors in the back Screenshot_2020-07-17 McGard Door Hinge Lock Set for JLU - 4-Piece Best Prices Reviews at Morr

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Check these out. They are on the short list, i have no experience with them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Doors in the back Screenshot_2020-07-17 McGard Door Hinge Lock Set for JLU - 4-Piece Best Prices Reviews at Morr
Thanks BC, I meant if you’re regular doors were stowed in the rear of the vehicle (Jeep/Bronco) and having them stolen.
If my doors are on then I lock and alarm the Jeep.
I didn’t know McGard made those locks though.
Sponsored