Door panel streaks/marks

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I’ve noticed that there are white marks on the drivers side door where my knee rests and also on the plastic behind the passenger seat where a rear passenger’s knees touch. I’ve tried Simple Green and Meguiar’s interior detailer and neither have been able to remove it. Anybody have any tips on how to remove it? I figured plastic door panels would be a pretty low maintenance thing to keep clean but I guess I was wrong.

CBBBBFC0-EDF1-415E-B7C0-95CE0E9D862B.jpeg
Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I’ve noticed that there are white marks on the drivers side door where my knee rests and also on the plastic behind the passenger seat where a rear passenger’s knees touch. I’ve tried Simple Green and Meguiar’s interior detailer and neither have been able to remove it. Anybody have any tips on how to remove it? I figured plastic door panels would be a pretty low maintenance thing to keep clean but I guess I was wrong.

Jeep Wrangler JL Door panel streaks/marks CBBBBFC0-EDF1-415E-B7C0-95CE0E9D862B
I get similar looking marks on my driver side door panel which seem to be (at least partly) from the sunscreen I use (I’m in SoCal). I use Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All to remove it; works well in my case. I use it with a microfiber towel and a little elbow grease.

This stuff also leaves a UV protective coating (non-sticky).

I get it on Amazon.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My Jeep doesn't get this, because I rarely wear shorts and sunscreen. But my wife's car has white stuff all over it from sunscreen.

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
If it is sunblock - then Simple Green should have taken it off. You can try using some Simple Green undiluted - just make sure you wipe the area with a wet towel after to remove it. Being plastic you can use a soft brush to help agitate - just don't use anything with stiff bristles as it might cause scratches. For this - think cleaners and not detailers.

OP
OP
Ron93YJ

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
If it is sunblock - then Simple Green should have taken it off. You can try using some Simple Green undiluted - just make sure you wipe the area with a wet towel after to remove it. Being plastic you can use a soft brush to help agitate - just don't use anything with stiff bristles as it might cause scratches. For this - think cleaners and not detailers.
I guess the next step would be using a brush. I’ve used simple Green and Aero Cosmetics and neither have worked with a microfiber towel.

Sponsored