OP

cstorey780

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
How did it go? Did you apply any inside them? I’ve done every part of the interior of the Jeep so far except for the doors which is tomorrow’s task.
I did finally get the panel off, but once I finally got it off i didn't actually roll any material on. I drew out a diagram on butcher paper because placement of the dynamat was odd and placed in pieces and i didn't want to create a lot weight on the doors. But I will prob take the panel off and roll some on once I get a good placement of the pieces. Did you make it work today?
Sponsored

VXSKAXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
Yessir, I placed eight 5x5 squares in a pattern inside driver and passenger. Gave it a nice thud sound when closing now and a lot less road vide projecting through to the inside.

VXSKAXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
So far I’ve used two 36sq ft boxes on this vehicle. Added about 50 lbs to total weight. It’s night and day difference driving down roads now. You can hear a pin drop on the carpet its so sealed up.

OP
OP

cstorey780

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far I’ve used two 36sq ft boxes on this vehicle. Added about 50 lbs to total weight. It’s night and day difference driving down roads now. You can hear a pin drop on the carpet its so sealed up.
That's awesome, I will definitely do the doors then. Where else have you done?

Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Not to beat a dead horse here but could one of you guys tell me exactly how many screws have to be removed before you can pop the door panel off? I want to change mine it got scratched and bugs the sh*t out of me. I have the plastic trim removal tools. Thanks!

OP
OP

cstorey780

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to beat a dead horse here but could one of you guys tell me exactly how many screws have to be removed before you can pop the door panel off? I want to change mine it got scratched and bugs the sh*t out of me. I have the plastic trim removal tools. Thanks!
There is 5 screws. 2 at the bottom of the panel, 2 inside at the door pull, and 1 inside the door open handle under the cover.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
There is 5 screws. 2 at the bottom of the panel, 2 inside at the door pull, and 1 inside the door open handle under the cover.
Thanks. In the video as he counts the screws he ends up saying four despite clearly pointing to five. Kind of odd in an instructional video.

VXSKAXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
diffidently worth doing i did two layers second with focal bam..

IMG_1447.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG
You should do the storage tub too, that thing has bad resonance. Or maybe just do the underside of it. It’s exposed under the vehicle.

VXSKAXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
It’s going to take weeks for my fingers to heal from all these cuts...lol